Semi-Final - Sydney FC vs Melbourne - 12/05/19 - Match thread

Your blaqlist?

5 Likes

In medieval Europe, tyrants enacted laws that most modern Australians would regard as offensive. People with chronic medical conditions were required to walk with a sign around their neck that read “Unclean” and some citizens could not leave their ghettos unless they wore a proscribed hat or coat or other clothing item that readily identified them as a member of a suspect religious group.

Fortunately, over the years, most of these discriminatory practices have been actively removed by legislation but there are still some remnants of these outdated laws on the statute books. For example; did you know that under Victorian Law it is mandatory, when in a public space, to wear a collar with the word “Mirabella” on it, if you are a cunt. Fire up.

5 Likes

Cannot wait to wallop these cunts on Sunday and get payback for last season. ALF to score a double.

3 Likes

Ha like the time I was looking at some worksuits and saw that Van Heusen we’re being worn by Victory as their apparel supplier…

Bloody hell, Melbourne is so bloody insecure they need to toot their own horn every 2 1/2 minutes. Those shoes remind me of another shitty Melbourne brand, the ‘Melbourne Watch Company’ producing cheaply produced watches bearing names of shitty Melbourne suburbs in their models, featuring a cheap mass produced movement. They charge almost a grand for what should be a $250 product, but of course it’s a hit in Melbourne where they need that sort of self affirmation that they matter.

You could never hear the end of it when they were voted ‘world’s most liveable city’ for a few years, with every Melburnian just about stopping traffic advertising this fact. When they lost the title they were quick to jump on the ‘denounce the ranking as a furphy’ bandwagon, saying how it is really just about how expat executives experience the city. 100% as predicted.

When I go to Melbourne everybody from the taxi driver, the barista serving up shitty bland medium roasted coffee in some dimly lit cafe, to my mate’s mum needs to have a go at Sydney to boost their shitty fragile self esteem.

When I discovered just how deeply their green eyed envy and loathing of everything Sydney runs, I actually stopped buying products made in Victoria whenever possible, for example I choose imported Spanish olive oil over the Victorian product. Used to prefer David Jones over Myer whenever I needed something from a department store (which was almost never), but since DJs decided to move their HQ to Melbourne (a fact widely celebrated in the city of fragile egos) I’ve stopped shopping at DJs.

In truth Melbourne is just a larger version of Adelaide (or a much larger version of Launceston), where dimwit bogans drink VB in Victorian ‘football’ ‘guernsies’, when douchebag osteoporotic hipsters aren’t drinking shitty bland coffee in mouldy cafes thinking they’re the bees knees. They claim to be the centre of everything, and I must admit they are the centre of Victorian ‘football’ and a couple of vomit inducing boredom that is motor and horse racing, but they forget to mention that they are now also the centre of violent crime, right wing extremism and shoddy chicken coop apartments not fit for human habitation.

So yeah, I spit at the vile dump and excrement of a city that is Melbourne, and that piss poor quality corrected grain glued on sole shoes with the image of their tiny CBD etched on it, but laugh at how it accurately represents the city’s standing. Fuck them, and may they never step out of our shadows until the end of time.

14 Likes

Kevin’s suits look like they are purchased from the specials rack at Lowes ( with the price having been reduced a number of times)

Can’t wait til Sunday evening!!

1 Like

Hopefully its a sell out

I hope it is too, of course, but 7pm on a Sunday on Mothers’ Day is going to drive a lot of people away.

Alright now we’re talking lads. The Melbourne hate is strong in this thread. Just like the good old days

Fire up and FTT!

1 Like

I hope you bought them, they’re clearly capable of forecasting the future.
The symbolism is so apt as well.
Melbourne is a walk over;
Melbourne is below/under you, never on top;
A large portion of it should never be seen;
Kevin Muscat is going to get the boot…

3 Likes

I don’t know whether to subscribe to your newsletter, buy you a beer, or give you a standing ovation.

@eddie, nah mate, didn’t purchase. Like WWTD I now refuse to buy anything self-declared as Victorian. Usually that just means skipping the wine list and ordering something from the Barossa instead, this time the new shoes are well proper Jeff Banks from London innit.

2 Likes

@Hybrid you’d be forced to stand in dog shit every time you wore them if you did purchase. Maybe that’s what they’re for?

@WhatWouldTerryDo quality rant. Would read again.

2 Likes

It will be close to a full house at Jubilee Oval on Sunday with more than 12,000 tickets already sold. A strong walk-up could see the stadium reach its 20,500 capacity for the first time this season for a Sydney FC clash.

Hey that’s great news. That place was rocking when we got 19k people against them earlier this season.

2 Likes

Never thought I’d see Melbourne Watch Company namedropped in a rant, but I am 100% here for it.

The olive oil part put it over the top. Was cheering by the end of that post.

2 Likes

Great news - was a bit worried ticket sales may have been a bit slow due to the awful time slot, but looks like Kogarah will be rocking as we wave farewell to Victory’s title hopes.

The coffee in Melbourne is average at best.

1 Like

An offering of 12,976 at 10am this morning to the PAX gods.

3 Likes

nice, PAX should basically be the exact number of tix sold for this one and makes sense as Bossi said 12k sold yesterday.

Not confident of a sellout but should hopefully be 16k or so which still makes for a good atmosphere there.

I hope we win!

1 Like