Semi-Final - Sydney FC vs Melbourne - 12/05/19 - Match thread

@hillbilly I preferred the old one with mortality percentages, but that’ll do. :wink:

7 Likes

It took me fucking half an hour to find that one!

Hopefully we can beat them comfortably in normal time. No penalties please after last night or last minute comebacks for them or…lets just beat them good and proper

1 Like

Time to dream.

Tomorrow night the stars shine, and by stars I mean SDJ, Ninko, Alfie and if I’m dreaming, may as well go big, Rezza too.

C’mon boys make it happen.

Its a loooooooong off season looming, we need something to keep us going through the barren winter months. Some golden memories from tomorrow night would go along way…

Troisi isn’t starting, or possibly even playing, tomorrow:

That means Kamsoba likely starts on the wing.

1 Like

High end clothing shops in Melbourne are over-rated.

1 Like

Thats a big advantage for us if Troisi is out.

Unique and creative lane ways in Melbourne are difficult to navigate. Their nomenclature is absurd, I still can’t find Big Collins Street anywhere on a map.

3 Likes

Except we’ve never once lined up in a 4-2-3-1 this season. Its always been 4-4-2, with the midfield shaped more like a box than a flat four.

I’d say your starting is bang on, except it’s a bit of a toss-up whether Tratt or Calver get the nod to partner Wilkinson. I’d pick Calver. De Jong to play as second striker.

I think for our bench you’ve also got it right, except maybe Reza on the bench instead of Ivanovic. If Reza can at least take spot kicks, it’s worth having his experience on the bench.

Great effort guys.

3 Likes

https://www.nova100.com.au/what-s/cafe-melbourne-trying-sell-spoonful-nutella-5

The consequence of the founding fathers’ insistence on a unimaginative rectangular street layout for the Melbourne CBD is an aesthetically displeasing urban landscape that suffers from a significant wind tunnel effect.

5 Likes

Amen.

The lack of mass transit at their airport makes getting in and out of the city onerous for interstate visitors.

5 Likes

Melbourne’s well planned and efficient public transport network is no challenge to navigate. It leaves me unsatisfied.

4 Likes

The coach of their football team that we are playing is an arsehat and bastard of the highest order.

Fucking cunts!

8 Likes

“I think everyone has one of those moments in their lives where you just remember what happened,” Antonis told a-league.com.au during the week.

I actually have several million moments I remember, Terry, but that’s because I’m not a brain-dead Melbourne Victory player.

2 Likes

At this time of the year the weather in Melbourne is cold and unpleasant, and will only get worse as winter approaches

4 Likes

The laneways they are so proud of are emblematic of their small, parochial minds and smell of urine, emblematic of their beer.

5 Likes