Semi Final - Sydney FC vs Perth - 26/08/2020

Zullo confirmed out and Retre back in the squad:

Sydney FC squad: 1.Andrew REDMAYNE (gk), 2.Patrick FLOTTMANN, 3.Ben WARLAND, 4.Alex WILKINSON (c), 5.Alex BAUMJOHANN, 6.Ryan McGOWAN, 8.Paulo RETRE, 9.Adam LE FONDRE, 10.Milos NINKOVIC, 11.Kosta BARBAROUSES, 12.Trent BUHAGIAR, 16.Joel KING, 17.Anthony CACERES, 18.Luke IVANOVIC, 19.Chris ZUVELA, 20.Thomas HEWARD-BELLE (gk), 21.Harry VAN DER SAAG, 23.Rhyan GRANT, 26.Luke BRATTAN, 28. Calem NIEUWENHOF.

2-4 to be omitted

Ins: 3.Ben WARLAND (promoted), 8. Paulo RETRE (return from rest week), 28. Calem NIEUWENHOF (promoted).

Outs: 7.Michael ZULLO (injury – 1 week).

Unavailable: Nil

So Retre was rested for our last game in 11 days? I don’t like how secretive the club is about injuries etc.

Retre wasn’t injured, he was one yellow off a suspension.

Cards reset for the finals.

4 Likes

Got my tickets as soon as I paid, last Friday. It came as an SMS link to the QR code. It was also the only option (no physical ticket/ PDF ticket option) at the time.

This is a good compromise, it’s amazing what active support can do when they act like adults.

9 Likes

Yeah all good, I got the link straight away but it led to the “waiting” page up until this afternoon. Working now.

Its a good compromise. But why is it necessary? Everyone was socially distanced at the matches at Kogarah, so I don’t see how sitting or standing could affect COVID transmission providing everyone is distanced from each other.

Game day!

Excited for the double header. It’s the first non-SFC A-League game I’ll be watching live since the 2013 GF between the Mariners and Western Suburbs.

Anyone know if parking is available at the stadium?

So fired up for this, probably the first time since the restart.

:peach::baguette_bread:

2 Likes

I didn’t know supporter groups could make statements with correct spelling and no threats to boycott something.

6 Likes

Did we get humiliated yet?

1 Like

Give it around 13 hours, hilly. Then there will be plenty of goo for all…

Have we folded the club yet ?

1 Like

I’m starting to get concerned that if we keep folding and unfolding the Club that it might tear as it weakens at the creases…

Then we’ll have to use sticky tape to keep it together…

4 Likes

:smiley:

The tape only makes the club stronger… okay I’ve lost this metaphor

4 Likes

Putting $10 on Retre to get a yellow in the first half.

1 Like

Any pubs near the stadium that are recomended pre match? Without the WSW fans kicking about you’d think they may be a few that may be worth a beer?

We’re gonna win in a goo-inducing way.

1 Like