Squad Speculation Thread 2018/19

In which case, keep him on the bench until end of season. Shouldn’t start another game unless we’re desperate.

My pleasure. :wink:

The bit about his son Alex (our Alejandro) is in the last paragraph.

1 Like

City won’t let Fornaroli go to another A-League club so that should put that one to bed:

Heinous suggestion but Nabbout is massively on the outer at Urawa

Was always going to be a massive challenge for him to break into that squad. His world cup injury was pretty much the end of any chance he had.
If he comes back he’ll end up at Adelaide.

Nabbout could be good. Kind of fits what is missing in our team

1 Like

It’s been relatively lined up (reading thru social media hints) for a week or more now that Duke is coming…

He sounds like he’s been decent as a role playing player but we really need another goal threat and Duke has never been that

Yeah there’s been a decent number of connections between us and him and he’s clearly leaving. I think he is the sort of player we need.

Danny T is putting the dampener on the Bobo expectation a bit.

Hard to imagine Analyaspor lets him go for free after shelling out nearly a mill only 6 months ago. That’d be a crazy Alan Bond moment for the A league.

Is it possible to get the original post updated to include the year of expiry for our contracted players?
I remember the old forum’s thread was broken down into the various years.
I’m obviously thinking “clear out” here…

That sort of thing happened with Dimitri Petratos when he went to Newcastle via Korea.

Villa are watching O’Neill and the article makes it sound like QPR are as well, because QPR fit the profile of a London club under a transfer embargo.

I find that kind of funny. O’Neill is a solid player but he is not anything above average that you wouldn’t see in “Europe” already. The exact same for Risdon. There must be thousands of people playing professionally with similar quality.

Surely they can fuck off and leave our players alone.

Does he have a British passport?

If brexit comes through and restricts freedom of movement, maybe we could see more Aussies going to play in the UK?

O’Neill has an Irish passport.

What’s the difference, Lassie?

The Republic of Ireland will remain part of the EU, after Brexit it’s likely that there will be no more freedom of movement for workers, EG you’ll have to earn a work visa if you’re an EU passport holder after brexit.

There was freedom of movement between Ireland and the UK ever before either joined the EU (or EEC as it was then). I’m sure those arrangements (ie Irish nationals can live and work in the UK) will continue post Brexit.