Squad Speculation Thread 2018/19

I think O’Neill is great, good luck to him if he finally does get an overseas offer. But nothing ever seems very concrete, there’s been this overseas talk for at least a season now and nothing comes of it.

If he does go, I’m keen to see Zuvela given a proper shot.

Retre would probably play there with Zuvela taking the bench spot

Isn’t Zuvela still a while away? Keeps saying “indefinite” on the weekly squad lists.

1 Like

Well everyone has got their wish. There will be a few weeks where a central defender Calver/tratt can take van der Linden’s spot if they prove themselves.

I’m hearing Anthony Caceres is close to signing.

As Buhagiar’s injury replacement? Not sure how that would work though given he is already on loan at City.

Was de Silva still on loan at the Mariners?

Yeah we have him sub loaned but the loan system here is only for U23s I believe.

More like O’Neills replacement.

As a Villa fan and Sydney fan, I can tell you that neither Risdon or O’Neill would break into the team right now. There’s 3 RB already at Villa and Risdon isn’t better than any of them. Villa also have a ton of CM’s as it is, so I’m not sure how O’Neill would fit into the team. He’d be a squad player and nothing more. I’d honestly be shocked if either of them signed, and I’d much rather O’Neill staying at Sydney than wasting his time at AVFC.

1 Like

Well that’s extremely underwhelming

Yeah, if the criteria is ex-Mariner who didn’t make the grade at Citeh then I’d rather we get Nick Fitzgerald to hand in a personal leave request. He must be fuming atm.

This is my most recent list of contracted players. I am sure that there have been some amendments to the list since September but I don’t have the time to check all the entries. Post corrections and I will amend.

CONTRACTED FOR 2020/21
#3) Ben Warland
#9) Adam (Alfie) Le Fondre

CONTRACTED FOR 2019/20
#1) Andrew Redmayne
#2) Aaron Calver
#4) Alex Wilkinson
#7) Michael Zullo
#8) Paulo Retre
#10) Milos Ninkovic
#12) Trent Buhagiar

CONTRACTED FOR 2018/19
#5) Jop van der Linden
#6) Josh Brillante
#11) Daniel De Silva (Loan)
#13) Brandon O’Neill
#14) Alex Brosque
#19) Chris Zuvela
#20) Alex Cisak
#21) Charles Lokoli-Ngoy
#22) Siem de Jong (Loan)
#23) Rhyan Grant
#24) Cameron Devlin
#25) Joel King
#30) Tom Heward-Belle
#??) Jerry Skotadis
#??) Ryan Teague
#??) Marco Tilio

Last Edited: 18 December 2018

1 Like

Alex Gersbach spotted today at Sydney FC office as per twitter post.

Can’t see how he would fit into our squad unless Zullo leaves. Would assume if he joins, it would be on loan.

I wonder if it’s just to visit because the Norwegian league is finished for the season. Would be a solid signing for us, though on reflection I’m not quite sure he is what we need right now.

I still think we need a proper experienced coach but that’s just me. We haven’t properly replaced Adrian and Jordy either.

Gersbach isn’t coming home

He works out at the training centre every time he comes home, as does Jurman. Move in January coming up for him with the new agent.

Clarkie popped in too. Hope we put him to work while waiting for the kettle to boil.

1 Like