Squad Speculation Thread 2018/19

Read on twitter that Jop is out for 3 weeks.

DRT has confirmed that Alex isn’t staying.

I think Warland resigned for two more years recently.

There’s a big difference between “resigned” and “re-signed”.

1 Like

Yeah he is here until end of 2020/21:

Noted, fixed.

Retre also extended for another year:

Noted, fixed.

Kwame Yeboah apparently keen to return to the HAL after terminating his contract in Germany. Goal suggesting us and Adelaide would be interested. No idea how he’s gone over there or how he’d compare to Duke.

Don’t know how excited you could get signing someone from the the German third division.

What division in Germany do you think that Trent B would have got to play in? If Yeboah is a like for like replacement, then he may even be a step up from a CCM bench player. From what I remember, when Amini was playing for Dortmund reserves, that was in the 3rd div so it can’t be too rubbish! And Yeboah played reserves for Borussia M. so that suggests he may be good enough for a Trent B replacement . We are not going to get a 24 yo Australian striker from the Bundesliga any time soon.

No thanks to Yeboah. Looks like he has barely played in 2018. Surely we have more money in the cap to waste on someone who has more on field experience and isn’t just from ‘Europe’.

I did suggest Bill’s cousin but he is scoring tap ins for fun for AU so probably not available.

I’d definitely take Yeboah but I do think Duke would be a better signing.

Yeboah signed for Wanderers, lol.

Sweet, can we take Fitzgerald then?

No idea why they are signing Yeboah when Fitzgerald is on their books.

You sense there’s gonna be another classic Wanderers clear-out at end of season.

For sure, the only question is if Babbel is one of those copping a door to the arse.

The most amusing thing about their current situation is watching them still treat babbel like some kind of coaching god despite him showing absolutely nothing to deserve it.