Squad Speculation Thread 2018/19

Tratt would be a free agent as his contract was short term. The others are probably reassurances that they are valued and will be considered for contracts next season.

Have to say, I don’t think I’ve been this excited about youth prospects for a while. Was keen to see how Charlie went after learning of his exploits in the youth team but he never showed much in the A League. With Tratt and Ivanovic they seem to have an impact when they come off the bench, and I look forward to the subs being made.

1 Like

Shame about Charlie. Picks up an injury before 17/18 that sidelines him until November, is given like 20 minutes against Jets in January, helps set up the equaliser… fades into obscurity. Don’t think Arnie knew what to do with him, and the lad’s confidence just kept dropping.

Yeah it’s been a few years hasn’t it? This is great.

Cant say I see the point of the THB extension.

THB has been working with JC for a while now, and I imagine he’s progressing well. With the absolute unit Cisak surely to be released THB is a fine choice for backup. Done decent at NPL.

Petty much was I was assuming, with the only question being why THB isn’t on the bench over Cisak if that is the case. Perhaps he’s just seen as a solid 3rd keeper. Cisak is only contracted to the end of this season and I imagine he will be released. Only question is whether we’ll be looking for a new 3rd keeper while promoting THB or a new 2nd keeper… or, wait for it… a new 1st Keeper with Redders moving back to the 2nd slot.

Also, goal keeping stocks will be a bit thin next season with Western Melbourne entering the competition.

He didn’t play in the previous NPL season; Dragicevic was our keeper there. THB hasn’t played football in a year now.

CONTRACTED FOR 2020/21

#3) Ben Warland
#9) Adam (Alfie) Le Fondre

CONTRACTED FOR 2019/20

#1) Andrew Redmayne
#2) Aaron Calver
#4) Alex Wilkinson
#7) Michael Zullo
#8) Paulo Retre
#10) Milos Ninkovic
#12) Trent Buhagiar
#30) Tom Heward-Belle

CONTRACTED FOR 2018/19

#5) Jop van der Linden
#6) Josh Brillante
#11) Daniel De Silva (Loan)
#13) Brandon O’Neill
#14) Alex Brosque
#18) Jacob Tratt
#19) Chris Zuvela
#20) Alex Cisak
#21) Charles Lokoli-Ngoy
#22) Siem de Jong (Loan)
#23) Rhyan Grant
#24) Cameron Devlin
#25) Joel King
#31) Luke Ivanovic

Last Edited: 8 January 2019

I’m most excited about Ivanovic. You can see he’s got talent and a future in the game

Yep, and he’s pretty quick on the break as well.

1 Like

That’s what’s most exciting about him. He can get the ball and run at defenders, which makes for entertaining viewing

Apparently we’re interested in Fornaroli again

No way, I’m 100% willing to bet it is all coming from his agent. We have ALF on a multi year deal and it would be a waste to spend both marquee slots on strikers.

Agree it’s agent bullshit. However Alf isn’t marquee

Shit yeah I keep forgetting that.

Says we are chasing him as Marquee for next season. That’s silly.

I imagine then that De Jong is gone if that is the case. I’d take Fornaroli this year but under the cap!! No way I’d take his unfit ass on Marquee wages.

Corica confirming we are still chasing an overseas striker. Nothing new I suppose.

https://www.sportsradio.com.au/sydney-fc-have-room-for-another-striker-says-steve-corica/

His loan is only for a year though, so that makes sense. I can’t imagine he would want to play at this level for much longer than a year unless he ends up loving the lifestyle and relative lack of pressure.

I couldn’t imagine Le Fondre and Fornaroli would make for a particularly cohesive front pairing. So no thanks to Bruno.