Squad Speculation Thread 2018/19

Hard to know until they both play together.

What makes you say they won’t form a good attacking partnership… the new killer b’s or Killer F’s lol

(Yes I know its LE Fondre… But you get the point)

TWO strikers! At the same time? Have you completely taken leave of your senses?!?

In a few weeks we will have Jop & Warland back, we can put Calver up top with ALF and just win 4-3 every week.

We’ll be fairly well placed for defenders once they, and Grant, return. Will be interesting to see who misses out, but suspect, barring a massive change in form, that this will be Jop’s one and only season with the Club.

I see Wilkinson is contracted for another season. I can’t say I’ve watched as closely as I could have, but do people think he’ll definitely play on, or could we see him retire at the end of this season?

Its pretty clear they’re both poachers, first and foremost. Its not a very good balance and there’s every chance they’ll get in each other’s way. There are also some question marks on Fornaroli’s temperament. I think he’d want to be THE man up front like he was for a couple of seasons at City pre-Joyce. Take him away from that role and he’s not only a lot less effective but a lot more frustrated as well. Pretty clear to all and sundry who watched Fornaroli play earlier this season or late last season.

I know Brosque is getting on a bit but I feel he provides a much better foil for Le Fondre than Fornaroli would, not to mention a huge work-rate.

1 Like

General gist is next season will be Wilko’s final season in the A-League at least. Wouldn’t mind betting he gets the armband next year too.

Definitely deserved and certainly noone would begrudge him that.

Well and truly spells the end for Jop though, considering Warland, Calver and Tratt being there.

I suspect none of them are natural right backs considering Retre is playing there with Grant on National duties - only thinking maybe Rhyan may attract some overseas interest…

Tratt can play RB. Has done a lot of it and well from what I know.

1 Like

Yeah I’m pretty sure he played there for the Nux and was quite good.

Didn’t he mainly play right for the nux?

Nabbout linked to us but City listed as favourites. Adelaide also interested.

There’s a couple of comments from each of the three lads whose contracts we extended here:

I didn’t realise that Heward-Belle was a Sydney FC supporter.

More Okazaki stuff on Twitter. Not sure how it would work, because Alfie and Okazaki seem to be very similar in their respective striker styles. It would make sense for the ACL though, with the whole 3+1 rule and whatnot. Would be surprised if it comes off.

Interesting to see it rumbling on. I assume this is the source?

Edit: I wonder if we are talking to him for next season instead. That would make more sense with De Jong’s loan finishing up.

Apparently Galatasaray’s manager was going for Okazaki as well. That would most likely be more tempting than any kind of offer in Australia.

Except for the whole living in Turkey thing.

1 Like

If Charlie came good scoring goals would be as easy as A B C.

Is the solid source this forum?

Not that it is ever going to happen but, if we did have a shitload of money, he could be signed as the 14 game guest marquee and ACL without any issue.

There’s Q and A videos on the Sydney FC youtube channel where he says he’s from St Ives so makes sense.