Squad Speculation Thread 2018/19

Yes, of course. Money-wise, though, there would be a huge advantage for him going there.

1 Like

No way Okazaki is coming here, this is what he said a few days ago…

"Speaking to the Leicester Mercury , he said: "This team is changing and the club is changing, looking for a different challenge now.

"Me too. I want to change something because Leicester I love like family but I want another challenge in Europe.

I don’t know whether to stay or go, but I want to stay in Europe. After four years there is a World Cup and I want to play in the World Cup again.”

Then maybe I have to stay in Europe for four more years.”

We might be talking to him but no way will we get him. Apparently other premier league clubs are in pursuit.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11740/11603701/huddersfield-make-approach-to-leicester-for-shinji-okazaki

I’m really starting to think we aren’t signing anyone this window. All the news has gone dry.

Seen an Instagram page claiming we are interested in Perth’s Jake Brimmer. I can’t find a reliable source to back it up, not can I see him being a helpful addition to our current squad.

He’s played a fair bit there, doubt they’d let him go tbh.

Do we really need Anyone though? We seem to be going along just fine. A bit of tinkering with tactics from Bimbi and we’re golden

1 Like

In order, and an ideal world, I would:

1. Move Jop on, obviously transferred so we don’t take the cap hit, so we can use his salary.
  2. Run interference on any club trying to sign Tom Hiariej so we can bring him in next season.
  3. A pacy winger to fill Buhagiar’s spot, Australian or +1 eligble
  4. A striker to reduce Alfie’s workload, again Australian or +1 eligible depending on above result

In all honesty I don’t think there is much out there hence why every club has been very quiet this window.

There’s definitely signings that will be done. At bare minimum we’ll be promoting at least 7 youth players for the ACL campaign.

Lamberton, van der Saag, McGing and McIllhatton probably the first names on the list to be promoted.

There’s a superb interview with Tratt here, focusing largely on his life between the Nux and coming here:

1 Like

Apparently we are announcing a signing on Monday that people, in the know, are “pretty happy with”.

Hope you’re not sticking your neck out with this one.

10 Likes

Okazaki here we come!

1 Like

What would the internet be without a little bit of conjecture?

Wait… What if it’s Bonevacia? He was in the crowd tonight…

Damn that would be disappointing.

Nah, he is friends with the Italiano family.

Well Mitch Nichols was released a few days ago

He still hasn’t collected a Sydney FC stamp in his passport yet…

2 Likes

This is the most nose tapping I’ve seen on here since Onion_Bags

2 Likes

Roly and Brett Emerton were both spotted by Fox cameras yesterday,so its got to be Brett making a comeback.

3 Likes