Squad Speculation Thread 2018/19

Sweet. I’ll see you at Dom’s Cocktail Lounge then Rhino. :+1:

Get in!

Can we please for the love of god never call him Rhino again.

What about Rhyan Oh? Or Ryno for short?

3 Likes

The Grant interview showed brosque and Caceres and I think Ivanovic in full training.

No sign of De Jong

No Rhyno, Why?
No! Why no Rhyno?
Bobo may know.
Not sure though
About Shinji Ono.

6 Likes
4 Likes

Massive news!

HAS to be a couple of release clauses in there this week, but that’s great. Club will get rewarded if they get offers, and anyone who REALLY wants them won’t baulk at ponying up anyways.

That’s big news. Surely as said there’s some release clause but glad if he does go we get something out of it

Great to re-sign Branners and Rhyan. Two of the most consistently good players I’ve seen in the A-League.

Both of them have captains armbands calling as well…

1 Like

This is really good for the squad long term. The best teams have the best local players and at the peak of their power, will hopefully keep the trophies rolling in.

I’m not sure where else to put this but there’s a nice interview with Crawley talking about his keeping philosophy here:

Extending Grant and O’Neill is great, but I can’t help let it be tempered by the fact that even Bono and Adrian were on long term contracts when they split…

Bobo was a great bit of business, he could’ve walked for nothing a month earlier.

It’s all about getting something out of the deal, or being able to better control the terms and timing of departure. It’s also about getting guys who deserve it such as the two from this week a deserving bit of security for if they want to get a mortgage, have kids or whatever.

It’s good business for everyone; the club and the player. If an OS club wants a player but are not prepared to part with some coin then they were probably not serious to begin with and the player may have moved from a top three club to the reserves bench of a club in a second tier league with cash flow problems in a country with shitty food and shittier weather.

Oh there’s no doubt I’d prefer to have them signed up.

I’m just saying it doesn’t settle the question of whether or not they’ll both be playing for us next season.

No but it means that we can ask for a decent transfer fee if they decide to leave next season. Would be disappointed if the club were to release them on a free if they now decide to leave

Unless they’ve put a release clause of $250k or something ridiculous in the contract