Squad Speculation Thread 2018/19

We are not signing fornarolli. Stop it already

1 Like

Injury replacement is the only loophole PERTH can use.

Apparently Brillante looking to head overseas and West Melb have signed Calver for next season.

Not surprised if Calver’s going there. He deserves to get more game time somewhere else. He’s had more than a decent amount of time here to crack the first team but it seems Warland and Wilko have spots tied down for this and possibly next season as well unless we get a really good foreign CB or something.

As for Brillante, where does he seriously think he’s going to go, taking this season’s form into account?

1 Like

Would be really sad to see Calver go but been surprised he’s stuck around for so long. Would wish him all the best.

It’ll be a big rebuild again this offseason if Brillante O’Neil Jop Siem and Reza all go

I was expecting Calver to wait for SWS but I’m happy for him. He deserves to play more and he has stuck with us for a long time waiting for that opportunity.

O’Neil signed a new deal

That’s not going to matter if some club pays his release clause, or in absence of such a clause, make a really tempting transfer bid.

Zuvela will be fit again and competing with Retre for Brillante’s spot so let him go as far as I’m concerned.

Further confirmation about Calver: Calver rejects Sydney FC extension to ink Western United deal | The World Game

Guess it opens up a spot for Tratt. I could see us bringing in a visa CB to hopefully partner Warland with Wilko potentially dropping to 3rd CB and Tratt as the 4th.

Personally, If i was WU I would have gone for Tratt over Calver.

Really hope we lock Tratt in soon

1 Like

Corica should be looking to have Wilko plus Bart next season with Warland as back-up. Though, if Bart wants heavy $$ I would be tempted to go with Wilko and Warland as my starting 2 and start making overtures to bring back Jurman as Wilko’s replacement the following season.

I have also been a fan of Lachlan Jackson at Newcastle as well who might make a great addition to the defensive stocks as CB back-up to Wilko and Warland. Can play at LB if needed as well

I know we’ve been linked with Bart, which is awesome, but he want’s marquee money and I just can’t imagine us using a marquee spot on a CB position, or having such a big chunk of cap money on him.

Remember that Van der linden bloke?

Yeah me neither.

I’d imagine Jurman is on major coin. Might be hard to get him to come home yet

He is 29 now, i am talking about in two seasons times really, so he would be 31ish… long shot to but faith into, but just spit-balling options really

I don’t recall seeing it mentioned anywhere, apologies if it was, that Matt Jurman left/was released by- Al-Ittihad in February. Come home son!

Don’t know where you heard that mate? He played in their acl game this week?

Yes, Lock in Tratt…when RhYans on NT duty,he covers RB.

Good luck to AC, he has found his level.If Rudan is coach it will help his progression.

Yeah Tratt should be given a 2 year contract after this season IMO. He has earned it and would presumably be happy with only a handful of games a year.

1 Like