Squad Speculation Thread 2018/19

Questions need to be asked about S&C. Littered with ACL and hamstring injuries and we’ve picked up far too many in comparison to the recent years gone by.

Melbourne City read poetry to us?

Why would they read poetry to us?

1 Like

Would S&C matter that much for contact injuries? I’m not really up on sports science, so I’m genuinely curious.

The hillbilly that doesn’t use slang? That is a bit rich…

I picture more of an 8 Mile style rap battle.

1 Like

Would people rather play Tratt, Calver or Jop with Warland out?

I feel like Tratt is the best rounded of those players, his future is most likely here (unlike Calver), and he is quicker than Jop. He is pretty good in the air as well, which has helped at corners this season.

Probably stick with Tratt.

Calver or Jop don’t offer much more stability

For me it depends on whether we see him as a RB or a CB in the long-term.

At various times Ryall looked like a top HAL RB, or a really solid HAL CB, but when he switched positions from month to month he often didn’t look like a HAL starter at all in either role. Grant played a different position every week for 7 or 8 years, and then when we settled on giving him one position he was a Socceroo within the season. I’d really like to avoid Tratt having to deal with that ‘utility’ label.

I’d give Jop first crack due to being a leftie.

Jop can pass a bit as well. For me it’s between him and Trattoria.

Anyone you’d like to see join us next season from this list?

Schenkeveld we have actually been linked to and that would be a yes from me. I’d probably consider McGree, even if he is a tad overrated now and Mileusnic would also be someone I’d love to have here.

1 Like

Hopefully Bill’s on the case.

2 Likes

Schenkeveld & Mileusnic

2 Likes

Jop can only play league games. He’s out of the ACL squad. Tratt was pretty ordinary when he came on at CB, to be honest. Shayon Harrison absolutely destroyed him and he will be facing better players in the ACL. Calver has some ACL experience so I’d have to go with him in ACL games at least at CB. We have to look past the fact Calver is leaving and pick him. We don’t have the numbers at CB now.

Anyone else getting really concerned with the number of ACL injuries we’ve had this season? One is bad luck, but three is definitely less so. Something not quite right with our conditioning. And we’ve had so many players out at one point or another.

Andrew Clark has been a big loss tbh

Calver leaving is only of secondary importance. Of primary importance was the sloppy concession of penalties, which means he was making mistakes at least at a similar rate to Jop.
Point taken on ACL though, can’t be Jop for those games.

Marco Kurz axed by Adelaide because he was results driven. Thanks Steve for your service but id replace you with him in a heartbeat.

1 Like

Really? We’re still sitting second on the table and, while our performances have been poor, I’m not sure Kurz would get more out of these players.

2 Likes

I for one would only have Corica next year on the condition that he wins the World Cup in December