Squad Speculation Thread 2018/19

Good that the club held firm. This goes one of two ways. He follows Milos’ example and comes back and carved up and earns a bigger euro move or he spends the rest of the season sulking before moving to them on a free

Pretty poor all round really. Can’t be helping the player to be dealing with this. You have to wonder what sort of advice was going around?

transfermarkt has Base Soccer Agency as Brillante’s agent. The Base Soccer Agency is a mostly UK organisation, with some worldwide presence, and on its website it lists exactly one employee based in Australia - Vincenzo Grella.

1 Like

Well that explains that, Vinnie never was a rocket surgeon.

1 Like

Does this mean he’s still going to play like a Pussy until then end of the season incase he gets injured?? :laughing:

1 Like

I’ve heard that he hates feta.

Great attitude. How about getting behind one of the unsung heroes of the greatest HAL side ever? Or heap shit on him for wanting to double/triple/quadruple his salary and have him to go to West Tards or Tards.

1 Like

Mate SFC was happy for him to leave but why the hell would you let a club come in and ask for him for free… Would you walk into a shop and ask for a free TV ? SFC put in the time and the effort to get him to where he is, they’ve paid wages and invested money into the guy, they’re well within their rights to demand a transfer fee. We’re not a charity and if you accept something like this, then you open the floodgates for other players to decide to just walk out whenever they want.

Also pointing out, we’re weeks out from the finals series and we’ve got a host of injuries, you’d damn well better expect there to be compensation. Plus, a club that claims skint on having no money on transfer fees (especially looking at the low cost of Aussie players) raises a few warning signs.

1 Like

Other A-League clubs are interested in Brillante when he comes off contract:

That insinuates he’s actually going to be playing. If he reacts with professionalism, then I have no doubt he will be back sooner rather than later and give it 100%. Goodness knows we need him out there, even if he’s been below his best this season.

If he doesn’t take the whole situation well, he won’t be recalled. You need players who are 100% focused on doing their best. That’s how it is, but we should give him a chance and not just write him off at this moment.

At least we know that tard Grella is still acting for him.

Josh has been brilliant for us, the most passes at the highest percentage in the league and one of the sturdiest defenders, it is understandable that he would get interest and want to test himself at a higher level.

It is a shame something couldn’t be worked out, maybe let him go for nothing but loan him back for the rest of the season? Oh well, happy birthday Josh!

1 Like

Be interesting to see how he handles this. There’s is potential for him to fight back into the squad and start smashing people again to prove to everyone he is still committed to winning here and getting picked up by another foreign club.

Also he could just crack the shits and pick up a paycheck until his contract ends.

You’d like to think that he’s going to be professional about it. I mean at the end of the day, they were happy to hold discussions, it was the other team that screwed it up…

Should we go in for Eric Bautheac next season. Yah or Nay?

Seems to want to stay in Oz but at a good team. Bit of a loose cannon though

Fails the policy imo.

1 Like

100% fails the policy. I’ve seen him have a whinge at least 3 times this year. At his age that’s a sign of him being a dickhead.

Tard fo sho.

Thought I read somewhere that he had something worked out in the mls

No thanks. It doesn’t help he’s been in a shit team for the last year or two, but honestly with his CV he should be dominating this league, and he isn’t. For example, Paul Ifill managed to lift the Nux to fresh heights at the time when he dominated the league. Beautheac hasn’t done the same for Brisbane. He hasn’t been shit, but I think his salary demands would be quite high and he isn’t worth it.

The football world is a huge place. We can surely find a player that can fit the RAM role better.

1 Like

That’s the problem. They’re probably going to need a right winger next season if Barbarouses leaves for a marquee deal elsewhere, as has been suggested. Trust that lot to (probably) land on their feet once again.