Squad Speculation Thread 2018/19

The benefit with Bobo is he knows how our team plays. It’s been clear as day we need a target man for crosses. I’d take him back.

Sounds perfect, but I’d assume he’d still be wanting an Adrian-type $400K+ salary. And given we already have Alfie (and Milos?) in these positions next year, that’s a LOT of the cap.
So overall, I think Bobo’s a no-no.

If we’re bringing back someone bring back Adrian

3 Likes

Bobo would have complimented Sausage Roller nicely this season,Alf can make all the movements and BB does the tap ins.

He would have probably got double figures.

Yeah I think they could have got around 30 between them if he just slotted in from the start of the season in the Buhagiar replacement/Reza position. Alfie is a very unselfish player and has put plenty of balls into the box after making those wide runs, but there’s no-one there able to take advantage against big centre halves.

Ahhhh. Forgot about Alfie and Ninko being in cap. Will make it hard to have another big earner qho isnt first choice in cap. Wonder if we could give him something this season considering he is unattached to front load it. Losing Brosquey hurts.

When does marquee speculation start?

The day after we bomb out of the Finals.

Remember when squad speculation was all we had to get thru the shit on the field?

Personally I would not take the risk. This wasn’t just one long injury, like a broken arm or something, which we could write off as a freak incident. It’s a constant string of different injuries and niggles, which has been an ongoing issue throughout his career. There is no reason to believe that next year would be any clearer, and an extra 1200 marquee minutes through to this point would certainly have been good for enough points to at least make tonight a premiership decider.

Also, while I’ve got nothing against him as a player and don’t question that he’s marquee quality, we already have Ninko and ALF contacted and I haven’t seen much to suggest that he complements them particularly well. In the stretch of games he did play over the summer at RM we didn’t exactly look the sum of our parts, and that one promising spell at second striker in Wellington unfortunately cut short.

The main injury was caused by someone chopping him from behind, he can hardly be held responsible for that.

Imagine we kept SdJ AND got Ibini back?

45 mins for each song, sorted.

3 Likes

Does this mean there’s a knock off version of Matt Simon somewhere? :astonished:

Yes. His name is Tim Cahill.

2 Likes

Fuck that. The way he whinged until he got a move away from us. He can go and fuck himself.

1 Like

As revealed by the Sydney Morning Herald , English championship club Nottingham Forest is interested in the midfielder, and it is understood their scouts were watching his performance in the Big Blue.

It appears they weren’t alone. Queens Park Rangers and Blackburn Rovers have joined the race for his signature, which could be obtained for under $400,000 by the end of the season.

Club sources suggest there could be an avenue for O’Neill to pursue a move abroad during the break and, if Sydney FC receive the right offer, they could be inclined to allow him to further his career overseas.

And also this fucking travesty:

If they sign Roly, it is the epitomy of laziness. Arnold would never have even looked at someone like Roly who struggled to even star for a shit team on a consistent basis.

Absolute no to Roly. And O’Neill gone seems inevitable.
So that’s be Adrian Bobo Buijs Brosque Brillante O’Neill gone from last season.

The idea of watching Roly next season has actually made me angry.

Zuvela and Retre in DM/CM seems like a decent combination. A boss of a foreign DM/CM would be nice, but not absolutely critical.