Squad speculation thread 2020/21

It sounds like, at least for now, that he might not really be into all that after all, and that family and being closer to home is what matters most, the football being a bonus.

ABJ goneā€¦

4 Likes

:champagne:

Great run in Australia, made a career misstep at the start but soon realised what was up and heads off with winners medals in his pocket. Good luck to whatever comes next.

9 Likes

Always a fan of ABJ. Seems a good guy who just loved playing for us and winning some trophies. All the best to him.

1 Like

I will remember him fondly for the absolute piss taking of wanderers.

4 Likes

All the best to ABJ, seems like a really sound lad and absolutely loved ripping into Western Suburbs.

1 Like

Nice guy, decent player, but for mine was just a bit lazy. Went missing in games far too often. Showed flashes of his brilliance here and there, but not regularly enough to be a starting player.

Re-signing Caceras on a 3 year deal was the icing on the cake for him. Will be interesting to see if he stays in the A-League or goes back to Europe. He could still do a job at a club like Newcastle or Wellington, but I reckon heā€™ll be back off overseas.

Frees up a foreign CB spot if McGowan goes back to Scotland too, unless we put all our faith in Warland, which Iā€™m happy to do.

Writing was on the wall with the Burgess signing really. Liked ABJ but he didnā€™t have the consistency of any of the players we had on that flank in the past few years.

This does free up a visa spot too.

1 Like

I got 250 hits on transfermarkt for players named Milos. Should I just fwd the link to our management team?

4 Likes

ABJ is a classic of the ā€œnever really sold onā€ player type. Had some outstanding games and great moments, but his twitter game was much better than his average football game. Will miss him for ripping into WSW and taking every possible opportunity to shithouse a bit.

Throughout his career, heā€™s played no more than 33 league games for the one club. Heā€™s either never been settled, or just been too inconsistent throughout his career to settle.

Writing was on the wall when he lost his spot to Caceres at the start of the season. Papi playing deeper opened the door but even then he couldnā€™t get a run ahead of Kosta being shoehorned onto the right until Milos was unavailable.

Decent bloke and the signing made sense at the time, but he was just nowhere near good enough often enough, glad weā€™re moving on as we need better from our foreign spots.

Donā€™t think weā€™ve really had consistency there since Mad Filip though? Adrian drifted and played wherever the fuck he wanted, Siem had brief glimpses just like ABJ (but at least had injuries as excuse), otherwise itā€™s been quite a rotating cast.

I miss Holosko

3 Likes

I wonder if any A-League clubs will pick up ABJ. Perhaps Mariners now that DDS has moved to Mcarthur.

Definitely the right move in a salary cap league, but also the sort of player Iā€™d always be happy to have around if those limits werenā€™t there. Itā€™s a shame, but thatā€™s how these things go. Will always look back fondly at his stint here.

Burgess not announced yet? Whats the deal. All the WU releases are out there now.

This is a really good summary of how I feel. No doubt heā€™s a strong player and we saw glimpses of his best but he just never put it together often enough to convince me.

1 Like

I think he struggled in the dual 10 type formation. Feels like his best games came for us when Milos was out.

2 Likes

Club email confirms ABJ, Flottman and Swibel released.