Squad Speculation Thread 2021/22

Is it time for Squad Speculation Thread 2022/23? I’m pretty over talking about this season and would rather dream about better days.

1 Like

Couple players on the following list could be handy new signings. Hear Mbappe is keen to test himself in a new league

I’ve gone to the trouble of pulling out all the Serbians named Milos…

At the top end of the price range is Milos Jojic, coming off contract from Partizan. 30 years old, midfielder, would definitely do more than a job.

What’s that? A gap in the attacking midfield position? Two Miloi in attack? Milos Pantovic is your man. Mid 20s and playing regularly in the Bundesliga. Not gonna happen but you’ve got to dream.

With Joel King going we have a gap at left back. Who better than the man with the most intense stare in a Transfermarkt profile picture I’ve ever seen, Milos Cvetkovic? A couple of goals and four assists would suit the way we play, I assume.

Now for a man listed as playing all of CB, DM and attacking midfield, Milos Vidovic. He’s tall and that’s about all there is to say there.

Now is where we hit the dregs of people who don’t even have a Transfermarkt profile picture, Milos Djokic. Plays across the attacking third and hasn’t scored a goal this season, so would definitely suit our style.

Finally, down in the Maltese top tier, we have Milos Mijic. A majestic journeyman career can be found there and that’s about it.

17 Likes

Can we sign a team where everyone is called Miloš, Alex or Steve?

7 Likes

Co-signed!!

Milos Cvetkovic looks like he could be our saviour

needs a bigger beard

@Clovis can you please do the needful?

In the meantime…

My suspicion is that Bobô is with us this season after scoring enough last year to trigger an extension clause (I’m guessing 10 goals?).

Corica was very quick (post-GF press conference I think?) to confirm words to the effect of “Bobô is already staying”, several weeks before it was officially confirmed.

I really hope that the last year of ALF’s contract involves a simiar clause. Honestly, if we gave a 34-year-old a 2.5 year marquee deal without such a clause then it’s pretty terrible business. I don’t mind Le Fondre staying on in some capacity, but we really can’t have the player that showed up this season stay on a marquee deal another 12 months older/slower next year.

Just change the title of this thread or create an entirely new thread?

A player that is a marquee this season won’t necessarily be a marquee next season.

ALF may (should) have a heavily front loaded deal that makes him pretty cheap next season.

Alfie may be older but he isn’t slower. His finishing has gone to shit but he’s getting in the positions and still working incredibly hard off the ball.

3 Likes

Brattan is gone next year I think

Is it really too much to ask that one of our creative players gets to play as a 10?

1 Like

And I suppose you’d like to play that Dutch guy we signed on the wing because that’s where he’s played for his entire career as well?
I think you’ve got a case of the vapours.

2 Likes

My goodness, do you want to do something crazy like play Burgess at 10 in a 4231 allowing him to operate across the park and create opportunities for a striker and two forwards?

No one wonder the Navy makes you stay home in January!

2 Likes

I’m so sorry, I just imagined Burgess in the middle drifting around feeding creative wide players and Alfie in the middle scoring mad goals.

7 Likes

Article about Elvis.

Aleks Susnjar left out of Macarthur’s squad again.
We need to boost our Serb quota and are in need of at least one CB.

2 Likes

I think it’s quite clear that we should also get ex-Liverpool Lazar Marković as marquee once he’s off-contract at Partizan. We’ve been quite pure on sticking to ex-RedStar Serbian players, but position fit and the tie-in with a famous EPL club is just too good to miss.

1 Like

New thread here

1 Like