Sydney FC A-League Womens Match Day Thread 22/23

Wanderers should already be at 10 with the hair pull

3 Likes

Fold the ladies division.

Obviously highlights we’re super reliant on Remy. Rojas is… busy, never looked like contributing to an opportunity though. And that was one of the more apathetic displays I’ve seen from Princess, looked just as lazy as her brother.

Anyone disputing the league has dropped in quality year on year should be forced to watch that shitshow. So many poor touches, passes and decisions from both sides.

I award Nat Tobin 6 points, everyone else not good enough.

1 Like

Pulling someone’s hair is violent conduct, red card.

1 Like

If having your hair ripped out by the follicles isn’t bad enough, she came down pretty hard as a result.

Hard to see how that is only yellow.

1 Like

Awful foul. Clear red imo.

They were a bit unlucky, but yes agree, lots of stray passes etc. Shame as last match they were so much more precise and on it.

I think it’s not a “the league is trending downhill” situation so much as a “the English went fully professional a few years ago, every Australian in the ALW with talent has been hoovered up, and every American has gone home due to covid” Like seriously, 3/22 players from the starting 11s in the 2019 GF are starting for English clubs Socceroos could only dream of playing for, and 8/22 were Americans who can’t border hop to play here half the year like they were doing back then.

It’s going to take time for the current crop of talented players to develop into serious ballers.

1 Like

Agree with that. The league has shifted from being one of the better womens leagues around to taking more of a developmental role.

Baby (Girl, I know you wanna show da na da na),
That Gong Ga-Gong, Gong, Gong!

I only saw the second half and was shocked at how many of our better players were playing badly. So many passes never got to the intended players, perhaps because the receivers were just not moving or because the passing was so wayward. And there was lots of panicky swinging of legs at the ball. Really a bad look and so surprising given how well those same player can play. Needed a Terry Polias to muscle up, calm things down and give everyone a sense of purpose and direction. That said, I think Taylor Ray is really growing into that DM position and look forward to her becoming an outstanding ALW player.

Hard to disagree. Princess was EXTREMELY disappointing. On more than one occasion she plainly refused to make a run of any sort, never mind follow through for back post runs that would’ve resulted in a tap-in if she bothered. Nowhere near good enough, and is exactly why she won’t be getting many caps for the Matildas unless she sorts that out.

Just 10 minutes out and the club hasn’t posted the line-up. ALW account has:

Lowe with a screamer. 1-0 after 5 minutes

Hawkesby with a pen 2-0, 14 minutes

Great start

Tap in. Could some one at the ground loan Whyman a folding chair

1 Like

This could be anything. Clearly the Nux need a bit of time to form a competitive team.

Their keeper seems decent judging by that save

4 now. Could get embarrassing

Can’t really ask for a much better half then that