The Adam Le Fondre Thread

In any case, all the play was always in and around the box.

3 Likes

Mine was clearly phoning it in for yearsā€¦

Didnt score tonight. ALF out

1 Like

He didnā€™t help my fantasy. I captained him expecting at least one goal. I think we should start looking elsewhere

Missed an easy one on one. Starting to play more like Bobo

First game where he hasnā€™t scored, Iā€™d give him a break.

Le Fondre was on shootout tonight on Fox Sports.

Bobo did have Adrian and Ninkovic creating behind him. At the moment Alf only has Ninkovic. Iā€™d be interested to know what their comparative chances per game are (but obviously that had its own limitations on where the chance are)

1 Like

Love how confident Alfie is.

For me, heā€™s as good as HAL strikers get. Heā€™s scoring goals in a team that isnā€™t anywhere near as good as Boboā€™s two years yet looks twice as deadly.

Noticed in an article today that ALF is nowhere near the top of Alex Tobin medal points. Grant and Ninkovic both ahead of him, which sounds pretty weird. From memory Krishna is on 15, and ALF didnā€™t figure in the list which went down as low as 8.

Funny, in the first few rounds the fox sports team where loving him.

Donā€™t forget this is voted for by the people that had Luke Bratten almost pipping (1pt behind) Adrian for the award last season.
For reference Bobo was 6th, 10 points behind Adrian but was the highest placed striker. Given he and Alfie share a very similar record I guess his position is consistent.

Good little read this one:

1 Like

Was just coming to post that. Some nice comments from ALF. The FFT/Inside Sport are really liking their sensationalist headlines he doesnt really say that.

Loving having Alf at the club. Great piece of recruitment. Seems like a good bloke as well

1 Like

Yeah, Terry McFlynnā€™s whole ā€œthey must fit into the culture of the club and not just be a good playerā€ line is definitely not just lip service.

1 Like

The no dickhead policy has to be one the best decisions that has been made at the club (albeit we had to learn the hard way).

Alfie seems like a cracking character to have in the dressing room and heā€™s a brilliant player as well. Club have had a blinder in replacing Bobo with him.

Has ALF got a song yet? None of my other songs have ever taken off, so may as well throw another into the ether here.

I thought love was only true in fairytales
Meant for someone else but not for me
Mierzejewski left me
Bobo went away
I thought weā€™d never win the league again

And then I saw your face
Now Iā€™m a believer
Not a trace
Of doubt in my mind
Iā€™m in love! Oooooh
Adam Le Fondre
Your sausage rolls are