The Asian Football Thread

Anyway to watch J League easily?

Al Hilal won 2-0 away in Saitama, so 3-0 aggregate win in the ACL Final.

Ah bugger

Al Hilal have Giovinco, Carillo and Gomis, absolutely stacked up top.

Shame they didnā€™t get pumped by Urawa.

Pretty sure they werenā€™t shown live, but just saw highlights of the semiā€™s & final are up on Kayo.

Got tickets to the Emperors Cup final in Tokyo for Jan 1st.

First event held at the new Olympic stadium so iā€™m keen to see it. Fuck knows i was not going back there in summer for Olympics itself.

3 Likes

Could be a little bit of good news for A-League clubs going forward, Chinese Super League planning on introducing a salary cap to curb insane and unsustainable spending.

A selection of photos from the emperorā€™s Cup final today. Good fun but cold as hell.

7 Likes

That desperate for live football Iā€™m off to see Tampines Rovers vs Bali United tonight. Winner to play Victory next week.

So, regardless of the result you get to belt out ā€œBeat Mel-bourneā€ post game. :+1:

Must be 500 Bali fans here easily. Good turnout. Up 2-0 after 15. They could cause victory some trouble.

What do I know. Tampines now up 3-2. 20 to go.

1 Like

I Made Andhika Wijaya is the most incredible name ever.

5-3 to Bali in extra time. Great entertainment. Thought Bali moved quite well and played good direct balls until I realised they were running past a 42 year old CB, albeit one with 140 caps for Singapore.

They have some handy players though, and if Victory play a weakened team it could cost them although kruse, nabbout and Ola if he plays should run amok.

Bali away would be a top away trip.

The absolute last thing they need is more pissed Aussies on a footy trip.

Donā€™t know if anyones watching the Bellmare vs Urawa game on Optus, but itā€™s been a cracker. Going to be watching a lot of these J League games I think, now that i dont have to track down shit streams

Yeah i put it on after the A League. Some real quality football, interrupted by the most idiotic hanball in the box i think ive ever seen and one of the worst penaties ive seen in a while.

I recognise that massive ā€œhere we goā€ sign Urawa fans have from when they brought it to Sydney.

Bellmare and their bizarre 3-3-2-2 formation will feel a bit disappointed. Better team for most of the game. The pen miss too, yikes.