The Ćevapi files: Sydney FC in the NPL1

Yeah, they’ve had some funding provided for once. They seem like a well run wee club and starting to be able to attract decent talent.

Tigers women is where it’s at. There are some Nix fans who come to Tigers games. Part of the Little Corner of Yellow, I think. Also, SUSFC is nearest me of the women’s NPL1 teams. Rams usually seem to have the most Dub talent though.

1. We have a long-running NPL thread in the ‘Australian Football’ section.
  2. A thread gets made specifically to cover the Sydney FC NPL team under ‘The Cove’ section.
  3. Everyone proceeds to talk about non-Sydney FC NPL stuff in the new thread.
2 Likes

Valentine park seriously could they go any further.If anything the wanderers side should be playing there & us somewhere closer to town.

Que? Why the fuck would Wests play there when they have their own grounds at Blacktown?

This is clearly a temp measure until we do the same and starting playing NPL games at Sky Park / Macquarie.

1 Like

I mean, they could play further. “Northbridge” play in the Fairfield area because of the Bulls link. As mentioned, Wanderers youth have their own place at the Sportspark. VSP may be in the Blacktown/Hills area, but it’s also FNSW HQ, hence why many NPL NSW teams fall back on playing at VSP.

We should play at Northbridge then if it’s vacant - great spot and I could walk there from home, or after playing a round of golf next door!

1 Like

You can also play golf before a Northern Tigers home game.

Can’t walk there though :wink:

1 Like

Northbridge are now officially Bulls FC Academy.

1st grade now at 6pm and under 20s start at 345pm. I’m assuming because of the heat.

3 Likes

Looking forward to see how Dejan Bakrdanikoski progresses this season, bloke’s a unit and probably should be aiming to get a scholarship deal soon, hopefully with us.

Ideally hoping for him to get a scholarship deal with us and slot into the 3rd choice centreback next season which would allow him to play games quite often considering we have Rodwell next season too.

Thanks heaps for that, was going to be on a tight schedule leaving elsewhere at 2pm to get there, now there’s no rush whatsoever. :+1:

I’m on my way now to see Sydney Youth first grade. Anyone know the current score of U20s?

If Sofascore if correct, looks like our U20s are getting smashed. :neutral_face:

https://competitions.footballnsw.com.au/match/?hash_id=ZKR52J6y7N&fixture=true

JK, Sega, Gurdy, Reich and Parsons all starting.

1 Like

James Demetriou is playing for Mt Druitt? There’s a name I haven’t thought about in a while.

Well ignore this. He looks about a foot taller and like he hasn’t seen the outside of a weights room since I last saw him for the 20’s. He’s a unit and so they’ve moved him inside next to Gurdy (who is also at RCB for the first time I remember). New signing Buratto at LB.

And he’s a goal scoring LCB at that. :+1: Thumping header from a corner, 1-0 Sydney.

1 Like

“Young giant fucking lanky fuck”

1 Like

I apparently missed something. When did Wanderers Youth and CCM academy move up into NPL1? It was expanded?