The Run Home: 2018/19 A-League edition

The Plate is Perfffs to lose.

Newy,FC,NIX…zero points

FC have 3points,3points,1 point.

I’ll not bet on this!

Anyone else kind of worried after not getting the three points last night? We have Perth and Newy left, so let’s put that down as 3 points. Melbourne, on the other hand, have 3 very winnable games (CCM, Adelaide, Wests). 9 points would be enough for them to go into 2nd place and force us into the preliminary final before a semi final down there.

Yeah I was thinking that was likely. Need points against Perth and a win over the jets

The pissants owe us a favour and will be bang up for that game with Nix & City playing each other. Can see Adelaide getting at least a point.

Newcastle to beat Perth, Sydney to win 7-0, and then Wellington to beat Perth.

Sydney takes the Premiership!

Perff are premiers,Popa has his eyes on the home semi so the intensity for the next game wont be as urgent next round.Some players will be rested probably.

Next 2 rounds should be interesting,only first place is decided…2nd may be after the next round?

000%20Run%2001

After the weekend’s results the following have become a certainty.

• Perth are the Premiers for 2018/19

• Central Coast are the wooden spooners

• The Top Six teams have been determined, none of the teams in the bottom four can qualify for the finals.

Second place is now a contest between Sydney FC and MVFC. In the last two rounds we play Perth and then Newcastle whilst MVFC play Adelaide and then WSW. The difference between second and third is a week off and an increased likelihood of hosting the Grand Final.

Nix also host City this weekend in a huge game to see who scrapes 4th and hosts a home final.

Pretty awful table in terms of keeping the interest. The breakaway leader and top 6 means that the 2 most important races have been close to settled since mid-season.
Only the race between us and MV for the double chance, along with that for 4th have been much of a contest for some weeks now.

I remember thinking this would be a super close season.

Would be great to see Adelaide and Wanderers take points off Victory but they really should beat both comfortably.

We massively need to beat Perth otherwise that final round is going to be heavy viewing. A loss against Perth and Victory beating Adelaide put us in third.

As for the top 4 I can see the wheels falling off the Nux with Rudan gone.

Yeah and while I like their odds of a home final win, I’m not sure if tip them for an away finals win. That said, I’m sure they’d get great travelling numbers and if they play City that would be enough to make it feel like a home game.

People keep saying that about the Nix but Rudes presser seemed brutally honest when saying the players knew exactly what was going on since January… when they went on a good run scoring goals for fun.

So the flip side of that coin is that they will all lift to try and send him out on a high. I don’t reckon it will have much of an effect at all, they’re just an inconsistent football team.

2 Likes

Proponents of promotion and relegation will note that 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th places are all but determined.

2 Likes

Really, such a depressing table.
Give us 3 points, take 4 from City and give them to Adelaide and it’s basically a stepladder with the same gaps between any 2 adjacent steps. It’s even got the extra big step at the bottom (why, hello CCM!) just like a real ladder.

Hopefully Adelaide get at least a point tonight against Victory that cements our spot in 2nd place. It means we can have a nice relaxed journey to newcastle next weekend

Yeah Adelaide! Home semi guaranteed and able to rest some players next week to put out a stronger ACL squad.

Never in doubt. :wink:

Below is the current table with one match to go in the round. All spots are settled except for fourth place; Adelaide, City and Wellington are all playing for a home elimination final. We get a week off and then a home Semi Final to be played on a date to be determined from the following selection; Fri 10 May to Sun 12 May. Parramatta Stadium is free on all three days.

001%20-%20Delete

1 Like

Below are the remaining A-League and ACL fixtures for the remainder of the season. I have made some common sense assumptions about the dates of the Finals which are moveable. The last four matches happen within 14 days (assuming we qualify for the Grand Final) and may involve travel from Korea to Sydney to Perth and back to Sydney.

002%20-%20Delete

1 Like

Christ that’s ugly. At least we should have a good idea after this week’s ACL fixture whether we will have anything to play for going forward.