The travelling circus: stadia discussion

I’d love to know the reason behind that. Not complaining though.

Great news for our fans who’ve already booked flights, now they DEFINITELY don’t have to bother leaving the Backbencher to watch our traditional dross in the cake tin.

It wasn’t a confirmed location before now! One of those “community round” games.

So… thanks to the “Wellington community” in Campbelltown, I guess!

1 Like

So if I’m not mistaken this means our senior men’s team would have played competitive fixtures in the following grounds in Sydney by the end of the season:

• Jubilee
  • Leichhardt
  • SCG
  • ANZ
  • Penrith
  • Campbelltown
  • Rockdale

That’s… A lot of grounds.

Sydney FC - for ALL of Sydney :slight_smile:

3 Likes

lol. So happy I didn’t take a punt and waited till they announce the venue for this game.

Lol, Wellington giving up and handing us a home game.

Mentioned in this article. Home stadium is hired for a festival. Couldn’t find another suitable venue.
They’ve already moved a Melbourne game to Auckland

I figured it would be something like that. Cheers.

I don’t know about giving up, they’d probably just prefer to play us at Kogarah again tbh.

aren’t there a fair few kiwis around the Campbelltown area?

It’ll be sweet as, bro

I specifically booked a week overseas across that weekend cos I knew we weren’t playing at home… damn it. I was away for our last A-League match at Campbelltown as well (against Perth in 2012 if I remember it right).

Ah well, guess I’ll have to wait til 2020 for us to play Macarthur.

So Sydney members get 20% off and no handling fee if you order it today or tomorrow.

1 Like

Yeah, pretty good deal. Even the gold section is only $23.

So I just bought tickets for $22.81 each in bay 33.

That’s a pretty good deal. I know that they’re going cheap because they’re not expecting many people to come, but I suspect that this game may be quite popular.

New Spurs stadium 62000 size looks epic

Interestingly there is a NFL pitch underneath and the grass slides out in three pieces and is stored under a stand with grow lights and temp control built in (probably also useful in UK winter)

Worth noting that the Tottenham stadium was built by Populis who are also building the wanderers stadium and put in a tender to build ours which the nsw government did not select.

Didn’t the group that the government chose for our stadium build the Emirates? While not as spectacular, it is a great ground and was constructed at a time when the technological features that Spurs stadium boasts was much more expensive/unrealistic.

No. Populous built that too. To say we have the worst outcome possible here is an understatement.

3 Likes

There is no major city in the world who can fuck up infrastructure like we can.