W-League 2020/21 Fixtures

SYDNEY POLISH TROPHY

2 Likes

Ps fuck foxtel

3 Likes

Semi-final confirmed for Monday 3pm at Jubilee:

I read that they’re playing a double header of rugby League there this weekend
Hopefully there’s no rain…

Victory absolutely destroyed Brisbane 6-2 in the other semi. Some pretty controversial calls against Brisbane but Victory dominated and deserved to win.

RIP also to the several spiders who perished during Brisbane’s first goal, cracking strike into top bins.

Match thread: W-League- Semi-Final: Sydney FC vs Canberra United 5/4/21 - #11 by RedKat

Just excellent! How it works with contracts, NPL commitments and all that jazz for Sydney FC and W-league clubs is yet for discussion but still excellent to see.

1 Like

Exciting news, but yeah, gonna be logistically horrendous. Maybe a hub model would be the best option, at least for the group phase.

More lobster for the AFC, more holes in Traktor’s pockets.

3 Likes

Congrats to the almighty Teresa Polias for being selected in the PFA W-League team of the season. Also congrats to Clare Wheeler and Cortnee Vine making the bench.

Though how the hell Melbourne Victory had 5 players selected in the team of the season and Sydney only one boggles the mind. Sydney won more games, scored more goals, conceded less goals, how was it judged that Melbourne had so many players that did better than players in that squad?

2 Likes

I suppose the Lizard Men are male chauvinists.

Seems a bit of a rip-off.

2 Likes

Unless they can get some huge sponsorships, subsidize travel and be more accepting of McDonalds for match officials, I can’t see many teams wanting to be involved in this.

Maybe they wanted to give them a pep up with the men’s team being so crap?

It’s because their women’s team have been leading the way, they lost 6-0 six weeks before their men did.

1 Like

The same has happened at time with the men’s team. Does it suggest we have a much better coach and and team ethic? Fantastic, worthy recognition for the great Teresa Polias and also Clare Wheeler and Cortnee Vine.

Vine has been the POTY, yet only in the bench?

Voted on by players, AFAIK. A lot of them get voted for on reputation I reckon, over the likes of Tobin, Vine, Green and our younger squad.

Talk also of W-League expansion

2 Likes

"And with expansion comes more games – more home and away matches. But there’s also a want to get towards [a full] home and away [season] as well – it’ll come down to investment and timing.

That’s great news

1 Like

Hopefully the next AL TV deal brings us back to where we were, but instead of bringing the men’s cap all the way back up the PFA accepts cross-subsidising the women’s comp from the men’s one a bit more.