Western United Thread

Yeah, I guess they wouldn’t want the Wellington fans getting upset.

Obviously a joke, but I had though a week or so back that they might make a play for Rudan given that he’s doing well.

You’re saying they could be after Corica?

Those bastards!

I hope it is Mulvey and they announce it next week.

Does the faithful up there want Okon back?

No.

Didn’t think so. :wink:

Just my way of highlighting the issues run far deeper than whoever is currently in the seat, you’re not going to be flush with choices and anyone else may only be able to squeeze a little bit more out of that squad. More anger needs to be directed at Charlesworth imo.

1 Like

That’s true, but its hard to direct anger at Charlesworth when he seems to be down here so rarely. Based on most of his behaviour at the club, he seems like an absolute cunt of the highest order. Really needs to be here more often, to show he cares if nothing else.

You can get angry with Charlesworth, but after all it is his money and his club.
If he had not paid the debts that Arnie was allowed to amass 5 years ago, we would not be here today.
Being realistic, he was only protecting his investment and not being altruistic. There are owners who are in it because they are football tragics and there are owners who think they can make a quid.
It is all part and parcel of the entertainment industry.
Going back to the original question, no, I do not think anyone wants to see Okon back, but Mulvey’s recruitment, selections and tactics have been diabolical.
He said at the CCLC announcement that he had been out of touch with the A-League and it now shows.
What also shows is the failure in due diligence by the Club in his appointment. There should have been enough warning signs with his limited stays in previous clubs in spite of the odd good result.
He talks well and managed to convince an inexperienced and naive selection panel that he could deliver.

It is all very depressing

1 Like

I also suspect Charlesworth has to rely on advice that may not be the best.

But that is his problem.

And the fan’s, right? Cause you guys have to live with the decisions…

Unfortunately all fans have to live with their club’s owner’s decisions and can do very little.

No longer are club’s committees answerable to members

Except to the extent that you buy memberships, etc.

And I didn’t meant that there was much you could do, just that it’s still a problem for you. I guess that’s why it’s such a shitty situation.

Oh please let it be Ross. Guaranteed comedy every week.

3 Likes

he could get his brother in as his assitant

1 Like

Hutchinson set to join their coaching staff too

Ross Aloisi has announced his departure form the Roar. Might be them clearing out for a new manager but Ross has been linked to west Melbourne so maybe he’s about to be announced as head coach?

If anything I’m surprised Ross didn’t follow his brother immediately out of the Roar. If West Melbourne want to hit the ground with a bang as they promised, no way should Ross be anywhere near the head coaching role. Anastasiadis has way more head coaching credentials so really should be ahead in the pecking order, but we know he isn’t going to be the head coach as that’s not what he’s been signed up for.

Scott Brown “pretty close” to joining as marquee.