Western Sydney Wanderers Thread- Cosplay Ultras Edition

Everyone is under-estimating just how much playing away from Parra has hurt them.

I don’t think we should be laughing… I think we could face retention issues next year if the traveling circus has issues this year.

1 Like

Agree with this - we’ve got 3 years of it ahead, and we will likely have a drop off in form compared to the ridiculous performance over the last two seasons.
Sydney is a shit town for this sort of stuff - we are absolutely not exempt.

Just looking at some of the fixtures of A-League teams over the summer period and surely whoever put the draw together must be actually insane.

The early January period is hectic for everyone, with three games in the first week and a half of January, but the Wanderers draw is just crowd suicide.

They play at home on January 1st against Melbourne City at ANZ, then they return to ANZ 4 days later to play Melbourne Victory on January 5th. If that wasn’t enough, three days after that they are back at ANZ to play Wellington Phoenix on January 8th.

Three home games in that giant cavern in one week, and the third of those games being against Phoenix? There’s going to be 5000 people there…who thought that scheduling was a good idea?

I wonder if it has something to do with ground availability throughout the NRL season meaning they have to maximise their home games at ANZ when there is nothing else going on.

Yeah that’s part of it, as they lose Spotless for the Easter show when it reverts to an actual cow paddock.

I’m going to disagree with you there.
Last season, the school holiday period was one of the few positives the league had attendance wise.
Kids can stay up late, parents are on hols or taking it easy at work, and people look for something good to keep the kids busy with.
I’ll stick my neck out and say they’ll do better with those games.

True, things can shift quickly. Wanderers problems have become progressively steeper, declining results, spectator bans etc, as well as the change in home ground. Thats a pack of troubles.

Yeah the league needs to be smashing out games over that period - that’s where the big bash has made their hay.
Venue selection is an issue, but it’s the ideal time for fixtures coming hard and fast.

They’re hosting Leeds in the stadium opener.
Ugh, putrid.

Scum vs Leeds, I really wish it was possible for them to both lose.

https://www.goal.com/en-au/amp/news/the-covert-agent-wanderers-star-oriol-riera-offered/1stfzmaxm1mkj1nry1loktndy4?__twitter_impression=true

It would be delicious if they lost their only real high point from the last 18 months. Can’t see them agreeing to that though, unless they don’t look like making the 6 by January.

750k & demba ba to replace him?

Maybe, but then the club wouldn’t really be turning out a profit because Demba Ba’s wages would probably cost them the extra that they earned from selling Riera.

True about the bottom tier being so small.

Looks like a bigger version of NIB stadium… always thought it was an odd seating arrangement. Watching the game from an upper tier always removes a sense of being right near the action, IMO.

It won’t look good when there are 11K at the stadium.

nib-stadium2

1 Like

Bosnich not even trying to hide guys cheerleading anymore, This is Facebook comments level of rambling.

I don’t see what’s so bad about that…

You cant sack another coach so soon. That would be just diabolical.

1 Like

It may also be a little harsh, to be honest. Western Suburbs have been away from Parramatta for almost three years now and you can see how much its hurt them, when the momentum seemed to be very much with them prior to the forced move.

Identity, philosophy, blah blah blah… “The first thing when you put a Western Sydney Wanderers shirt on is that you give absolutely 110 per cent effort and enthusiasm.“

This is the team representing the welfare capital of the country, yeah? Where Mark Bridge has worn the armband, and that has their HQ wedged firmly in Blacktown, the anus of Sydney. I’d say that last performance was bang on, perfectly representative.

3 Likes