Western Sydney Wanderers Thread- Cosplay Ultras Edition

Have they even come to terms with the new stadium yet? A few months back when it came out the Eels were still negotiating it was stated WSW were also yet to sign on, haven’t seen it since being confirmed although I believe the Eels have finalised their agreement.

1 Like

Apparently the eels were delaying because the rent for the new stadium was set at $210k per week, where as they were previously paying $70k per week. That’s a massive increase. No idea what they settled with, but no doubt Wests will be having similar battles.

Out of curiosity, decided to have a read on the westie forum after their absolute capitulation to Perth. A lot of tin foil hat stuff about the FFA having it in for them and came across this beauty… Gives Mack a run for his money!

2 Likes

Plug it into my veins. That’s beautiful.

Wow, that is astonishing.

It is also fairly well written and considered which takes it to the next level of conspiracy

Posted Sunday at 10:25 PM](Perth Glory vs Western Sydney Wanderers 13/1/2019 5:00PM - Western Sydney Wanderers - West Sydney Football)
Popovic should hang his head in shame. Taking a win from that sort of corruption. I thought that he had more ethics than tha

LOL that was one of my favs from their forum

Western Suburbs never lose…they just don’t pay the refs/FFA/Lizard Men enough.

It’s like these fans have never considered that they were only good whilst they were owned by the FFA due to the FFA having a self-interest in making them a saleable entity. Since the FFA sold them they have been pish. Coincidence…. I think not

3 Likes

I’ve flicked through some of the posts over there since the last derby to gauge opinion of Babbel, HillsPanther has delivered enough crazy for me to just assume it’s Bozza’s username.

I think Babbel is saved only by the fact that Brisbane and CCM are sucking so badly as well. 2 wins is pretty terrible 13 games in… I am surprised that there is not greater pressure building on him from both the media and fans. in fact, the Fox team on the A-League hour were really finding ways to excuse it last night.

He’s a foreign supercoach so there’s no way he’s getting the short end of the stick. Just like anyone who has ever played top flight football who comes here will be glorified as the Best Player Ever To Grace The League.

Honestly them getting rid of Babbel would be silly. Hes been on a hiding to nothing since they decided to sign Gombaus squad and then sack him. Hes what managed to bring in Ziegler, Baumjohann and Yeboah? If he was in charge of us Id be saying the seasons a write off but hes got enough managerial experience to deserve a season where hes had some control

I can’t believe how many wanderers fans forget this, or aren’t even aware of it. They bang on about Sydney FC being “Lowy FC” because of Lowy’s (now very minor) shares held, but when you point out that the only real success that they have had as a club was when they were 100% owned by the FFA (when Lowy was Chairman) they get very uncomfortable and pretty much have no response.

1 Like

I agree with this. They need some stability. Babbel has done well with recruitment and is working with a squad that he largely inherited. They need to at least give Babbel a second year to build the squad to suit the way that he wants to play. If they sack him and get in a new coach again then they’ll be back to square one.

Pretty much in the same situation as Gombau. Whether they are going to keep him or get rid of him isn’t as important, but they should make the decision now, like we did with Lavička.

Hopefully they sack Babbel and continue their self inflicted turmoil. A shit club for shit fans.

4 Likes

oh yeah there was some amazing tinfoil hat stuff after that Perth loss. Some of the best…

The ref can’t just be that bad, there surely has to be something dodgy going on. VAR is just as bad.

“Referees are corrupt”. There, I’ve said it.

Ref just following ffa orders. Wanderers are not allowed to win.

Season is over, corrupt ffa refs will make sure of that. However, watching the young guys play give me hope for the future. As long as we can hold onto them and the ffa/ref corruption stops.

It’s pretty obvious there’s a dislike for the Wanderers in refereeing circles

The referee/FFA cannot be this incompetent there must be more to it.

Babbel is under the misconception that the refs are making mistakes. That is not correct. These refs are deliberately ensuring results as directed by the ffa. Just following orders.

every little touch a WSW player does is considered a foul or a yellow. Whereas opposition players have been hacking legs and elbowing heads of WSW players and getting away with it all season.

3 Likes

Pretty much expecting this.

It is strange however what do you expect from Nuevo New Dawners… I have a friend who became a WSW supporter after having no interest in Australian football previous due to Eurosnobbery who argued with me that WSW were the first and only Australian club to have been awesome enough to qualify for the World Club Cup.

A lot of WSW supporters seriously drank the heartland of football cool aid which put them in an unbelievably high ivory tower built off self-importance and hubris. It is therefore not surprising in the least that many choose to cherry pick their history (including the connection to the Wanderers name) and their utter modern football, FFA funded roots.

I work with someone who only followed EPL, but when the wanderers were doing well he started going to a lot their games all the time. We’d often talk about the A League and he would be talking up the Wanderers. He went to a few derbies and backed WSW. Last year I asked him what he did on the weekend and he said he went to a Sydney FC game. Thinking that he had tagged along as a neutral, I joked and asked if he was a Sydney FC fan now, and he looked at me with a straight face and said that he was never really a wanderers fan, he just liked going to the games. I seriously couldn’t believe what he had just said.

1 Like