Western United Thread

3 points is all I see, so that cant be bad!

Fucked if Iā€™d go to a game there.

Some cuntā€™s always getting killed.

Youā€™re scared now? Imagine Derby Day when they take on their fierce rivals the Wandin Valley Wombats!

2 Likes

Frank Gilroy will have his hands full.

1 Like

So would Maggie Doyle if I was in town!

Latest links are Brad Inman, Apostolos Stamatalopoulos, Emmanuel Testardi and Jason Davidson

Both of you are nothing but E-Street Hooligans.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t thought about Inman for a while but heā€™d be a decent signing to bring to Australia. Jason Davidson would also be a great signing given the season heā€™s been having.

Depends on the system imo. Someone posted recently about Poppaā€™s genius getting him and Franjic bombing on all the time, the really clever part is diminishing their defensive responsibilities which would be brutally exposed in a back four.

1 Like

Yeah the system and manager is suiting Davidson and after a few bad years his career is back on track. If I was him Id be staying put unless there was good Euro interest.

If Rudan does move he has been playing with wing backs at the Nux so it could suit Davidson though

Davidson is still very decent defender at this level. Its more Franjic not having to deal with that stuff because hes a walking injury when constantly in challenges.

I donā€™t get this recycled players thing at allā€¦
Calver is a good young player looking for a starting spot, leaving a club hes been at for years. This happens all over the world.
Chapman started for a solid kleague club at the base of midfield for 2 seasons. Much much better than any other aussie in this league. Risdon is risdon but also the 2nd best option in his position. What else do you expect ?
Im sure theyll take a punt on lower league guys but their season is just starting and a great window to show themselves.

2 Likes

ā€œFilled with recycled playersā€ is absolutely a thing most people wouldā€™ve said about the Wanderers in their first season. Look at some of the extremely average players who ended up with a Premiership medal. Even a key player like Topor-Stanley was distinctly ordinary before that season. There were very few players Iā€™d even have classified as good at A-League level, yet what happened happened. At least they are building a half-decent base and havenā€™t (yet) called on a Mitch Nichols or Liam Reddy to help them add yet another club to their collection. They have several foreign spots to use and obviously that will come in a few months when players start getting close to the end of their contracts. So theyā€™re vanilla, sure, but more is to come.

They really must sort out their head coach very soon, though.

Absolutely spot on. Davidson in particular is not a good defender at all. The key to beating Perth is to make sure Davidson is pinned back in his own half instead of bombing forward, where he is capable of doing some damage at this level. And heā€™s obviously fit enough to go up and down the flank for 90 minutes.

This club will fold before a shovel hits the ground on the site of their new stadium.

Now linked to Kurto and David Williams

Williams is surely all downhill from here so Iā€™m not convinced on that one, but Kurto would be a damn good investment.

Iā€™m increasingly convinced that Rudan has already signed on and is involved in building the squad behind the scenes.

Itā€™d make sense to wait until after the season is over to announce him, given heā€™s still at the Nix.

Iā€™m with you, Iā€™ve been saying the same thing for ages.

Linked to Dylan Pierias.
https://dailyfootballshow.com/exclusive-western-united-set-to-nab-melbourne-city-teenager/