Western United Thread

What a terrible signing

1 Like

What a terrible human being

It is a very odd signing, particularly given the very public struggle they’ve gone through to get him. Do they think there is some untapped mass of Celtic supporters in Melbourne that will flock to their games to see him?

I remember reading that Ross was the ‘real tactician’ a couple seasons ago with John. Of course all we see is what’s broadcast of him, but he just strikes me as a ‘fire up the boys’ type assistant who constantly takes it too far.

John is a decent tactician, he showed that during his time with Fox Sports. Ross is just an ass hat. I’d say that John probably likes to work with Ross because he figures that Ross can provide the hard-man approach on the training ground which is perhaps an attribute that John doesn’t really have.

This is the biggest load of wank I’ve ever read. Should also be noted that Jim Lawrence is an ex victory fan.

Just like the RBB then, eh? Couldn’t gain enough attention at their first club so run off somewhere else where it gets to be all about them. :+1:

While I really hope they get a good active group together, this feels a lot like a power trip.

‘They’ said the same about Rado under Anger… ‘They’ said the same about Mehmet under Merrick… this gets trotted out about assistants all the time and is rarely true

2 Likes

“I will be the central Capo of our team but will have many lieutenants. And the leadership team we have at We Are West is fantastic. I’m very lucky.

“I have a very clear plan that is extremely inclusive.

This is obviously all about him. He’ll be the central capo with many “lieutenants”, my god, talk about wanting to be important.

This is how the tyranny begins. Always.

Let’s work as a team and do it my way.

2 Likes

last thing the want is to be stuck with someone like Jubal…:zipper_mouth_face:

Drove past Tarneit this morning (where the new stadium is supposed to be built) on my way to see family in Geelong while I’m down here… it really is the middle of nowhere. A purpose-built football stadium is a fantastic idea, but if it’s not in a good location how will they fill it?

How about driving from Melbourne to Geelong, like they expect their fans to do basically indefinitely.

1 Like

Purpose built, already approved (I think), PT infrastructure.
A stadium doesn’t have to be in the middle of the population to be filled. As long as it is easily accessible people will go. Homebush is the perfect example of this. The location is perfect for it to be the “stadium for all of Sydney”. If the appropriate transport infrastructure was put in place then it is a maximum of 30-45min away for almost all of Sydney’s population. It would also be convenient for people coming from the Central Coast or Wollongong.
Yes it’s too big and poorly designed for producing a good atmosphere for the majority of sporting events there but, including concert & festival attendees, the biggest complaint people have and the justification they use for not going there is how long, congested and difficult th commute is.

I don’t think they’re targeting Melbourne residents, are they? Heart didn’t get many disaffected Melbourne fans or non-engaged Melbourne football fans so I doubt a side not from Melbourne would be able to.
The majority of their targeted supporters and marketing will be located in an area from Werribee in the east to Lorne in the west.

I dunno. It’s called Western Melbourne…

Still the working group name isn’t it?

I mean, the working group name isn’t “Geelong”.

That would be quite the bait and switch, if what you say is true.