Western United Thread

Rudes has done a fantastic job and seems like hed be a good signing for them- at least better credentialed than Ross Aloisi.

But they really need to get a big big move on on a name, logo and getting some community forums going.

Werenā€™t they only planning one forum? If so, thatā€™s ludicrous.

Happy with Rudes keeping away from Wests and Vuck so when we make our next change heā€™ll be clean.

Was thinking the same. Heā€™d never take a job at Victory, probably not Wests either, but then that rivalry wasnā€™t something that he was immersed in.

I think having a chance to build a squad from scratch is a pretty rare opportunity. Obviously a lot of it comes down to the quality of available aussies, but then, if you look at WSW, a lot of those players were out of favour when they signed. Given what heā€™s managed to do with Wellington, I recon heā€™ll do well with that type of task. He seems to be able to get out of form players to perform.

Fornaroli is apparently wanting to live in Australia long term and will run down his contract. Surely has western melbourne signing written all over it

That would be a great signing to kick them off. He would probably suit a Rudan team as well.

Heā€™s an ambitious coach. If Victory came calling in the next couple of seasons heā€™d be there in a flash.

Why?

Milligan got elbowed in the face off the ball, and they got away with it, in probably the most heated ever SFC v MVC games. He had no issue going to the club and becoming their captain.

Yeah in a ten team league youā€™ve got to take your chances regardless.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/competitions/name-the-new-western-melbourne-aleague-team-for-your-chance-to-win/news-story/73e7e6c09e1ed8019a71d0b8c5b3833b

:thinking::smirk:

If the Unicorns is not an option, I will be disappointed.

Is that some sign of them doing something community engagement wise?

Doesnā€™t linking to the Herald Sun break some kind of forum rule? FMD, I feel illā€¦

One of their first marquees will be Panagiotis Kone, 28 time Greek international:

https://outline.com/DhVK78

Clearly not a bad idea to try to reach some of Melbourneā€™s Greek population, although Iā€™m not sure how much of Western Melbourne they make up.

Thatā€™s a good signing but I find it amusing someone can sign for a club with no name logo or manager

1 Like

Scott Brown has re-signed for two more years at Celtic, so heā€™s off the table for them.

Iā€™m sure South Melbourne will take it well. :laughing:

2 Likes

Sounds like heā€™s not the most popular though as heā€™s been caught making pro Albanian signs so hes bit of a divisive figure in Greece apparently

Also seems to be sitting out the entire 2018-19 season?