Western United Thread

And check out his minutes per season since the 2014/15 season- 229, 8, 300, 42, 855, 0.
https://us.soccerway.com/players/panagiotis-kone/19283/

Doesnt exactly make marquee reading at all. Played for some decent clubs though so maybe worth a punt in the cap but not a marquee

Its apparently down to
Western Melbourne Athletic FC
Western Athletic FC
Western Melbourne Warriors FC
Westside Pride
Western United FC

“Westside Pride” is so, so bad.

1 Like

PLEASE Westside Pride!!! PLEASE

1 Like

If they’re considering with Western Pride, the should consider Western Supremacy as well.

Could also make their crest design easy to settle on. Just base it off something like this:

Athletic is so lame as well.

This club is gonna be worse than Heart isn’t it? :rofl: Westside Pride!

I’d pay good money to see Western Melbourne Warriors vs Western Sydney Wanderers.

2 Likes

Who’d have more pride, the wanderers or the western pride…

thats a lot of west, and a lot of proud people

3 Likes

God that’s a shithouse set of options.

This bid got up over Canberra. FMD.

Because the tv deal only gets bigger if teams were admitted from sydney or melbourne (or brisbane). makes it a complete joke they bothered looking at bids from elsewhere.

That’s probably just FFA being defensive and making sure that some preliminary set of options remain available. Wouldn’t think it’s necessarily “down to” them.

They didnt register West Tardistan?

They should probably chase Mile now they didnt get Brown. the FFA will prob stump up some cash and he is unwanted at Villa so badly. I get the feeling Villa would even sort of pay him out if needed just to fuck him off

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/competitions/name-the-new-western-melbourne-aleague-team-for-your-chance-to-win/news-story/73e7e6c09e1ed8019a71d0b8c5b3833b

Amazed they’ve got no idea how these things get rigged and Westside is going to win. Really any of the other three are fine.

The best of a poor set of options. Warriors and Pride are fucking horrific.

1 Like

I suppose their fans could be called the athletic supports.

1 Like

I like Western Athletic has a good ring to it if you ask me, we don’t need anymore ‘Glory’ ‘Victory’ noun type names.

Viva la adjectives!

2 Likes