Where are they now?

Adrian’s club was relegated over the weekend. Serves him right.

1 Like

Id still take him as an injury replacement for Siem

Same. Expect I’d be offering him a fraction of what he turned down and make him take the supplicant door.

Bloody hell, they finished the season poorly. When he arrived they pushed well up into mid table, but finished without a win in the last 8.
Yep, I’d take him back. Was great to watch play. And with Grant outside of him rather than the understandable less energetic Wilkshire, would be a deadly right side.

On the flip side, having a more static striker like Bobo left a lot of space for him to work in. Would be interesting to see if hed be as lethal with ALFs increased mobility.

I love the idea of offering him a contract and rescinding it at the last moment.

“No, I broke up with HER!”

2 Likes

Fuck him. He blocked me on Instagram. Some things cannot be forgiven

1 Like

I find her Wanderer’s love more unattractive.

2 Likes

Shows Scorey is still sky blue at heart - can’t stop slipping them past wanderers’ keepers.

3 Likes

Following on from Adrian’s side getting relegated, seen that Buijs’ side finished last in the J-League.

Bobo’s side are sitting 13th, 3 points above relegation (but 2 above Fenerbache- whats happening there?). Hes struggling to get off the bench and has only one cup goal since he left.

2 Likes

Don’t think we’d be getting the 2017 band together though - Vuka flying high at the top of the league…just rolled Anderlecht away.
However, from Super Dave’s Insta, while he does seem to be documenting a lot of beer drinking, he still looks in pretty good shape to me. Certainly much better than we probably all expected.

Jordy would be great to have back. Bobo if the price is right. Adrian can bugger off

1 Like

Bobo and ALF in a 4-4-2 with ALF as the CF and Bobo as the ST could work. Reality is thought that we’re never going to get Bobo.

Why not? He’s clearly struggling in Turkey, and in Europe clubs are utterly ruthless. They’ll cut their losses and run.

Headline on the DT site says Bobo ain’t enjoying Turkey and eyeing a move back here…just not with us. I don’t have a subscription so can’t read it.

Adelaide is probably the best fit for him off the top of my head. Unless City want a replacement for Bruno if he leaves in January.

Would be hugely disappointing though.

Yep it’s the Pissants

Adelaide United considering transfer move for prolific Brazilian striker Bobo

Val Migliaccio, Soccer Writer, The Advertiser

December 6, 2018 6:00pm

Adelaide United is investigating the prospect of landing Bobo, the A-League’s record breaking striker, as Reds 2016 championship winning attacker Bruce Djite is also set to return to Australian shores.

The Brazilian hit two hat-tricks and five doubles in his 35-goal haul for Premier’s Plate and FFA Cup winner Sydney FC last season before signing for Turkish Super League club Alanyaspor in the middle of the year.

Bobo, 33, is understood to be contemplating a move back to the A-League during next month’s FIFA January transfer window after winning Sydney’s player of the year award in May.

He has scored two goals for the 13th placed Turkish side in 11 league and cup appearances.

It’s understood Adelaide had discussed the prospect of signing the marksman before announcing on Wednesday night that its marquee striker Baba Diawara had knee surgery.

Now Adelaide is looking at whether Bobo is affordable before it makes an official approach for the Brazilian.

Baba, 30, will now be placed on the long-term injured list after playing just 27 A-League minutes off the bench in a 2-2 round two draw with Newcastle Jets at home where he reinjured his knee.

He made two FFA Cup appearances before Adelaide won the final after the Senegalese had a wretched run with injuries last season.

Adelaide coach Marco Kurz expects Baba to be out of action long term.

“It (surgery) is always the last step after a lot of moments to control (the injury) with conservative programs, but they didn’t work,” Kurz said after Reds training on Thursday.

“Now we will see. I expect not a short-term injury.

“I think we need longer time and that for us is not a good message.

“But my focus is for the players that are available.

“The rest is to the medical staff to bring Baba back how quick they can.”

Meanwhile, Djite, 30, is destined to make a return to Sydney — his home state in January — but it’s not clear whether he will continue his career with Sydney FC.

The club does have room in its salary cap to sign another player as it prepares for AFC Champions League action as well as defending its A-League crown in the new year.

Djite ended his contract with Indonesian club PSM Makassar in July.

Djite has been contacted for comment.

“I’ll know what I’m doing after Christmas,’’ Djite said yesterday. “At this stage, nothing has been decided.’’

I remember when Djite was tipped for big things in the NT

Applies to any forward since V Bomber really