Where are they now?

Flottmann is playing in Thailand

I was reading that article and thinking ā€œOh, it sounds like things are going really well for his clubā€, and thenā€¦

Flottmann and Co. sit rock bottom of the 18-team (yes, 18) T2, yet in a positive sign, they drew 2-2 with league leaders BG Pathum United on the weekend.

ā€œOur team has had a rough start to the T2 season," Flottmann added.

ā€œWe have had change with a new head coach coming in. weā€™ve only won 1 and drawn 3 in 11 games,ā€ added Flottmann, who turned 22 this month.

Charles L released by Brisbane.

Was on a wiki search just then. Dr Craig is apparently at the Roar.

Apparently Nikola ā€˜head of scoutingā€™ Petkovic played for the Chinese NT. Google translate and wikipedia fail?

Looking at his history since leaving us he played a season in Belgium then a season in China went back to Serbia then Thailand and only just returned to a second div newly promoted Chinese side. He signed for the side a few months after that fixture so maybe that was a weird form of trial?

Very very strange. Possibly naturalised? As a local in the CSL he would be on huuuuuuuuuuuge coin.

Thereā€™s some English stuff here:

So he played in an unofficial U25 game for a country which he doesnā€™t qualify to play for. Thatā€™s so weird.

Ran in to Ali Abbas today. Training right through this coming off season with an eye to getting back to a-league next season. He was such a nice guy. Even took time to kick the ball around with me and my kids. Legend!

5 Likes

Iā€™d take Abbas back in an instant

1 Like

Love love love him

1 Like

While I obviously love the guy, he hasnā€™t played for a year so Iā€™m not sure heā€™d be worth a gamble compared to bringing a youth player through.

Yeah I donā€™t know why playing Ali instead of ivanovic or devlin would be a good idea.

Iā€™d take him as a utility at DM, LB, LM, basically a left sided Retre. You need players like that in this league, as long as he hasnā€™t lost too much in his 30s. From his social media he seems to train a lot and is into that MMA shit so if anything would be TOO lean/fit.
That continuity is important too - the bond between fans and a core of likeable players like Brosque, Grant etc.

Spot on. In a small squad an experienced player with the right attitude who can fill a few spots makes sense. If Retre steps up to replace one of the CMs permanently then Ali would be smart business.

I would take him on a Matt Simon like deal. Minimum wage squad player who is the utility option if Rtere is starting or injured.

I love Ali a super much as the rest of us but it was evident from his Nux spell this level had passed him by.

As for Siem yeah we could only get him as marquee with the way wages and loans work. Is Milos coming back into the cap? If so I think one marquee spot on Siem and Milos is a good idea.

Ali was poor at the Nux but his game was always simple and reliant on speed and engine. If he passes the Wilkshire test then he will be able to do a job as part of the squad on a smaller deal. Good shout for Mariners.

Escaping persecution in a war torn country, being racially abused by Brendan Fucking Santalab in the country you have sought asylum and surviving an attempt on your life by Iacopo La Rocca.
You would think thatā€™s more than enough for anyone to have to endure in their life yet you want to send him to CCM.
Harsh man, harsh.

6 Likes

Eddie wins

1 Like