2020 Olympics Japan

Brisbane 2032, love it!

You don’t even have to be a proper city to get the gig now? Talk about scraping the barrel

2 Likes

Did anyone else even have their hat in the ring?

Compare to the last few FIFA bids. :rofl:

They did a Bradbury!

1 Like

Pretty smart bid though, supposedly they have something like 87% of the venue already built. Might be one of the few to actually turn something approaching a profit from the whole thing.

Very sensible changes to the bidding process, now a two part process.

1. Non-committal discussions between the IOC and Interested Parties (City/Region/Country/NOC interested in hosting) concerning hosting future Olympic events.
  2. Targeted discussions with one or more Interested Parties (called Preferred Host(s)), as instructed by the IOC Executive Board. This follows a recommendation by the Future Host Commission as a result of Continuous Dialogue.

So instead of half a dozen cities wasting countless millions on bidding and junkets etc, the IOC looks at a city and their suitability and decides whether it is worth that city going further in their planning. In this particular case, out of potential bidders, Brisbane was the only one considered really strong enough to get the Preferred Host recommendation, and all the other possible cities saved millions of dollars that would have been wasted.

Brisbane also now have all that money saved they can actually put towards the Games instead.

1 Like

Looking through the list of host cities Brisbane dead set reads like a punchline tacked onto the end. Most out of place venue since (dare I say it) Melbourne in ‘56 and Helsinki right before it.

What’s the point of diving for a penalty when you’re 3-0 up? Good one, Brazil.

USA 2 down, glorious.

1 Like

What channel is the USA v Sweden match on?

7+ app

1 Like

Cool thanks

This is the good stuff.

3!!!

Piss poor defence there

Dahlkemper running to no man’s land to give the swede a free header :rofl:

Into my veins.

Rapinoe really grinds my gears for some reason

She thinks everyone hates her because she’s an outspoken feminist. In reality it’s because she’s a stereotypical arrogant American fuckwit

6 Likes

Yeah she sure does come over as a bit arrogant