2023-24 SFCU Player of the Season (vs Mac open now)

Vs APIA

I’ve been super impressed by Kealey Adamson at right back the last 2 games. TM and Soccerway have him listed as a CM, but he seems to be slotting in beautifully at RB. Gave him 3 points. Really excited to see him throughout the season now.

1 Like

He seemed to win every tackle he went in for, his positioning wasn’t great a couple of times but understandable given his lack of time at RB, he even has the obligatory dodgy haircut. Looking forward to seeing him develop.

I was impressed. Oddly he seemed to have a good touch, but then at times absolutely no idea what to do with it. But he’ll learn!

Result for the Cup Round of 16 vs APIA: Anthony Caceres is back, baby. After winning the Player of the Season in 2021-22, Caceres dropped down to 16th last season, without a single MOTM. This was the 15th MOTM of his 148-game Sydney FC career.

Thanks to everyone who voted; watch this space for voting to open after Sunday’s quarter final.

4 Likes

Vs WU

2 Likes

Having a few issues logging in remotely to set up voting for the semi. Should be up in a few hours…

1 Like

Here it is… please vote to make up for my lateness :pray:

4 Likes

Result for the Cup quarter final vs Western United: Defending Player of the Season Joe Lolley assisted all 3 goals and got the 3 POTS points for his efforts. He is the third different player to win MOTM in our first three matches this season, and it is the eighth of his Sydney FC career.

Don’t forget to vote for the Cup semi vs Melbourne City if you haven’t already:

1 Like

Result for the Cup semi-final: Joe Lolley got votes from 27/28 voters and won his second MOTM in a row. Its the 9th MOTM of his Sydney FC career.

Thanks to everyone who has voted so far this season. Next one will obviously be Saturday night’s Cup final.

2 Likes

Cup final! Vote before you have too many beers

2 Likes

Yeah its too late for that…

1 Like

Vs MV :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Yeah, its still too late for that. And I wasn’t even in attendance…

Thinking back to happier times… all 34 voters for the Cup Final gave at least one vote to Viduka medallist Joe Lolley. At an average of 2.56 votes each, it was the largest tally so far this season and Lolley’s third MOTM in a row as he hopes to become the first player to defend their Player of the Season title.

More votes for Rd 1 would be great, in case you missed it on Saturday night

Get out the dartboard and blindfold for this one. Rd 2 vs Brisbane

2 Likes

Is it possible to give negative points?

Hell, I think we should give ourselves points for watching that.

1 Like

it was tough to award this week… really had to go for the “3 not as shit as other players points”

Lolley got the bulk of the points from me. It was difficult for the rest though

Result for Round 1: Gabriel Lacerda ended Joe Lolley’s run of three consecutive MOTMs, winning his first with Sydney FC. He’s the 78th different player to get an MOTM in these awards.

Voting for Rd 2 vs Brisbane is still open until tomorrow night:

Unfortunately voting will be up a little late tomorrow night, I’ll be at the symphony :face_with_monocle: and unsure if I should try to avoid the result until I get home (how long does Paramount take to get replays up these days?). But take a note of your votes and check back here to submit them from Saturday onwards!