2023-24 SFCU Player of the Season (vs CCM open now)

[Narrator:] And he got them from 3 of the 27 voters. There were only two voters who thought Hayden Matthews didn’t deserve any votes, and he took his 2nd MOTM in 3 weeks, despite playing only the second half in Newcastle. I don’t think I’m giving too much away by saying that the starting players in his position didn’t get a single vote between them. :dotted_line_face:

Don’t forget to get your votes in for that derby win

I have no idea how I am expected to do those votes with any sort of objectivity. It’s just pure vibes.

1 Like

If we cared about objective best player, we would just hand it to whoever had the best average player rating or whatever they use on the broadcast. Vibes for life

I would just give 6 points to Rhyno every week.

Thanks for the reminder, in all the post game commotion I realised I missed the MOTM voting.

I haven’t voted and it says I have?

Did you drunk vote?

2 Likes

That was going to be my question. The log says you submitted votes at 9.59pm, not long after the game finished

4 Likes

In that case - drunk vote!

I knew there was a chance this was the case, but I also could not fully remember allocating votes haha

Thanks Rowdy

2 Likes

Honestly, I appreciate that your drunk mind went to SFCU MOTM voting so soon after such a great derby moment. And they look like pretty sensible votes too, so kudos!

3 Likes

“I give 3 pints to JK, 8 schooeys to Matthews, 4 shots to Bratts, and a Caipirinha to Fabio.”

5 Likes

vs Macarthur

Now that’s just cruel…

1 Like

VAR 6pts.
Only one that put in an effort.

No one deserves a single point, and anyone who votes should be banned from the forum.

1 Like

I vote for the 250gm steak at the Leumeah Hotel this evening.

1. $18. Knew how to cook a blue steak.
  2. $7.00 beers.
  3. 5 minute drive home.

They’re my votes.

Dishonerable mentions to paying $40+ for a ticket., being duped into midstrength $11 Canadian Club cans that look like Full-Strength but have a tiny label on the can saying midstrength. The Sydney Football club players who attended the stadium.

1 Like

Result for the derby: Hayden Matthews did it again, for his third MOTM in the past four matches. He was a fair way out in front with 54 votes, but it was pretty close behind him, with the 2nd-placed player only picking up 13 more votes than the 6th-placed. Notably though, there were 5 players in the starting lineup who only earned a total of 7 votes between them.

Thanks to everyone who voted, who has the fortitude to also distribute points for the weekend’s effort down in Leumeah? Not many so far…

1 Like

6 points to Arlo

1 Like

Vs Perth

2 Likes

Results are in for the loss vs Macarthur: Joe Lolley finally added his 9th MOTM for the season, after going 13 matches without one. But he has to share his points, as it was shared with Hayden Matthews. It’s Matthews’ 4th MOTM for the season (all in the last 5 matches), putting him level with Anthony Caceres in second on that tally.

Voting is still open for the big win vs Perth. Still up to 15 points available, so plenty of positions to still sort out in the standings.

2 Likes