A-League Men - Final Rounds

AAMI park really is shit TV viewing with all these seagulls.

Am I the only one who thinks there should be a “no corn rows” rule written into every ALM contract?

4 Likes

Stop trying to score an equaliser FFS

I’m pleased and yet it’s bittersweet.
CFG, potentially being the first to get the double-double. But f**k Victory, and suck it to those MV who paid to watch City win the Plate. Relieved we weren’t responsible for them getting 1st and glad they won’t have a shot at the treble.

Good Prem race this season though.
Finals, not so much. Was done a while ago.

3 Likes

Imagine celebrating tripping over the line by a point (real teams win this shit by ~20 points in a canter :wink:) having been out-attended and outsung by your bitterest rivals who weren’t even playing.

Shit club, shit season. Hopefully someone from outside the top 3 goes on a mad run.

3 Likes

Come on teams 4 to 6!
I want the non-Victorians to cause utter chaos.
Money would be on Adelaide. Would love it to be Nix.

1 Like

Would love it to be CCM!

3 Likes

Bit hypocritical after our years of success but, with the cap loosening even further, are City about to become the Bayern/Celtic of the league?

MV, WSW and SFC should be able to stay competitive financially. Not sure about BR and PG. Anyhow, City’s success seems to reflect being a very well run club that has been building towards this for some years and has finally developed the on-field spine to go beyond attractive play and actually win the big games.

Adelaide’ preposterously good season with a rookie coach and a mish-mash squad of old-timer Spaniards and really bright young local players + Goodwin is remarkable and shows what can be done on a shoe-string - and that includes after losing Mauk and Halloran this season and McGree the previous one. And, CCM can look forward to a bright future too.

No chance they’ll ever be as ruthless and dominant as we were, that weak underbelly was on display again tonight and for the second year in a row they’ve scraped it by a single point.

Nailed on this year someone knocks them off in the finals.

Looking forward to Popovic losing another GF