A-League Men - Round 26 - 2022/2023 Discussion

Presumably it then goes on goals scored?

I believe so if required and CCM are well up on that.

I think itā€™d suck getting hammered by them again, but in a way I get your thinking.

But I also think Adelaide arenā€™t looking very good and weā€™d be a decent chance to upset them away.

Given we largely frustrated Adelaide Iā€™m not against playing them. As much as it would hurt to lose to them 4 times in one season Hybrid does have a point.

This isnā€™t over yet. Adelaide can score goals and Mariners are equally capable of conceding them.

Steady on, we did beat them once this season.

Did we?

Yeah we won in Parra?

blinks

Are you sure?

Edit: yes you are. Who knew! :rofl:

100% - the only thing worse than losing to the wanderers is to be running scared of playing the wanderers

2 Likes

We won the game despite Bang Average calling us bang average.

1 Like

Lol

Edit: damnit!

1 Like

No, losing to them 4-nil is definitely worse than not wanting to play them again.

Itā€™s not that I think weā€™re more likely to lose to Wanderers than we are to Adelaide Utd or the Mariners. Realistically weā€™d lose to all of them, but can also beat all of them.

Itā€™s that derbies are more stressful than other games just by being the derby, and weā€™ve already had three, and losing to them in my book is worse than losing to the other two options. Plus, given the talks of boycott, going to Parra (or Gosford) for that matter feels much more compulsory to me than going to Adelaide for a first round finals game, so Iā€™d face more of a personal dilemma. Not that boycotts are meant to be easy.

If we donā€™t face them again, weā€™ll just have to suck up that we lost the last derby 4-nil and wait until next season. Hopefully, they have nothing more than that to boast about.

Edit: Yes, beating them in a finals would be wonderful. IF we beat them. But, donā€™t you guys worry. If they finish 3rd, we could still play themā€¦in the Grand Final. šŸ¤¦šŸ½

1 Like

That must have been close. I thought the left-back was playing Blackwood on.

Bos hits the bar for city

Tillio dribbles 3 and dinks it over lizard keeper.

4 Likes

I honestly couldnā€™t be happier for the CCM fans right now. They deserve all of this.

Also Silveraā€™s renaissance has been such an underrated story this season.

5 Likes

The moment the ball went out to Silvera I knew it was trouble for Adelaide. Exceptional finish from Tulio, who is having some game. 3-0.

Iā€™m still annoyed about the YAā€™s snide comment about the Cove supposedly not joining the walkout because weā€™d planned a silent protest (Itā€™s easy to make that judgement when itā€™s your home game and covered by your membership. Iā€™d purchased a ticket.), but otherwise Iā€™m happy for their community. Iā€™d be interested to see if YA makes a comment on the APL again, particularly if they make a GF in Sydney, rather than Melbourne, against City. Theyā€™re not a Sydney team but in that situation, they sort of are.

Edit: The Coveā€™s ultimate decision being to boycott the game altogether. I sat elsewhere.

:joy: :joy: :joy:

Now the game is probably over for them, odds are short now on Adelaide completely losing their shit.