A-League Men - Round 3 Discussion - 2022/23

Friday - 7:45 - WU vs Macarthur
Saturday - 5:00 - Jets vs Nux
Saturday - 5:00 - WSW vs Roar
Saturday - 7:45 - Melbourne vs City
Sunday - 5:00 - CCM vs Perth

Tonight’s game will be a shocking spectacle on TV but should actually be a solid game I think.

Macarthur
Draw
WSW
City
CCM

WU
Jets
Draw
Wankers
CCM

Macarthur
Draw
WSW
Draw
CCM

The derby should be interesting. I’d expect Victory to bounce back after their loss to the Westies last week.

WU v Macarthur has the hallmarks to be a snorefest. Aloisi will be looking for his team to bounce back. I’ll be surprised if Lacroix starts. But with Prijovic and Diamante still out can’t see them getting much from the game.

Jets v Wellington could be interesting. Newcastle showed a lot of fight last week, albeit against the likes of Perth. If it’s not a draw, Newcastle to scrape the points.

WSW should be far too strong for the Roar. Charlie Austin can rant, rave and swear the house down, but at the end of the day Brisbane are a fucking shambles. Reaching the SF of the AC was their grand final. Things don’t look like getting better on or off the field for them for a long time. I don’t want WS to win, and make it 3 from 3, but if they somehow cock this up, Rudan should walk in shame.

CCM at home to Perth should be straight forward for the Mariners.

Macarthur
Jets
WSW
Melbourne
CCM

Melbourne derby is all but sold out apparently which is great.

I just hope that all the games are actually watchable, last week I almost quit football they were so boring

That would be incredible if true. The last time the derby broke 20k at AAMI was December 2018.

Draw
Jets
WSW
Draw
CCM

Disappointing crowd for the WU v Mac game.

Kelme have produced a DY hat for Yorke… :upside_down_face:

Disappointing?

It’s nothing short of fucking atrocious!

More people down my local Vietnamese place having dinner than at the ground!!!

2 Likes

The who cares about them derby

1 Like

also, is there commentary for everyone else or have I stumbled upon a stream with no commentary.

heaven

Isn’t it the David Gallop Derby?

2 Likes

Nothing says club identity like playing in the same stadium as the two other teams from the same city

Good to see that the roof at Melbourne Rectangular Stadium is pretty useless as well.

That was some poor defending.

Well as it stands, I would be taking Arzani to Qatar over Tillio

they can both stay home and darn their socks

1 Like

It’s like the players families didn’t even show up to support them today

2 Likes

If seagulls are counted then the crowd’s actually not too bad.

1 Like