A-League Pride Round!

Rainbow kit plz!

6 Likes

I look forward to seeing which players/clubs refuse to participate.

NBL just held theirs. Cairns refused after a handful of players weren’t interested, and Sydney’s Brazillian import also opted out.

1 Like

Letting go of Ninkovic may have been timely.

2 Likes

Let’s ignore bigger social issues and keep virtual signalling

1 Like

Such insight, you should do a blog

2 Likes

Also it’s funny you said virtual cause this is an online forum.

5 Likes

Goes hand in hand with your reply, a good comment is one that gives a fresh intake, fresh opinion, a healthy debate, things that people can discuss, your reply did neither and you want to talk down my reply, nice one

There must be a German word for the regret one feels after clicking this link:
VIEW 1 HIDDEN REPLY

2 Likes

Oh your comment offered tons of insight and nuance. It expertly described how and why you feel that pride rounds don’t aid in helping members of the gay community feel welcome. It opened an interesting debate on whether these issues are enhanced or worsened by being in sporting arenas.
You could have made a proper comment but you didn’t, so you don’t deserve a proper reply.

You made a shit comment about virtue signalling and then had a sook that you looked silly.

7 Likes

You must be mistaken, I don’t look silly, I made a comment that this is only done to virtual signal seeing how every other league is doing it, that’s the only reason, and like I also said there are much bigger social issues which should get more headline space and attention yet its the this ,

How to tell people you’re a homophobe without saying you’re a homophobe…

3 Likes

Hahaha yes, and that’s exactly the issue these days, people like yourself as soon as someone doesn’t agree with you 100% you bring out the ‘phobes’ I have nothing against people in that community by all means do and date whoever you want, my comment was there are bigger social issues which don’t get any limelight,

3 Likes

Always a productive line of discussion.

1 Like

And yet no one has bothered to ask me what these bigger social issues are, it’s fair to say people like yourself don’t want discussion you just want everyone to agree with you and if they don’t, oh no

1 Like

Whatever they are, why can’t we do both?

You’ve made it some sort of zero sum game that it obviously isn’t.

5 Likes

You made the first post, why didn’t you raise the other issues?
Can you tell us what you are doing to raise awareness other than whataboutism?

Mental health, suicide esp young males, young males don’t feel like they can get help, that it’s weak, imagine if we had football players talk about their experiences,

I work in this industry so my daily time is spent doing my part helping the issues, but I’m only one person,

1 Like

But every other sport has done it so why so we need to copy them? Why not any other issues?

Yes, I get your general point, but what about the Big Blue rounds? Aren’t they focused on the issue/s of mental illness and health?

4 Likes

So anyway, I’m glad that there’s a pride round coming and would welcome other themed rounds to raise awareness of other issues. We can, after all, fart and chew gum at the same time.

4 Likes