A-League Round 14 Discussion

How big is this guy’s tin foil hat? LOL

1 Like

Hilarious. As soon as the game finished my first thought was to go and have a read of their forum to laugh at the conspiracies being cooked up.

Here’s Mack’s take.

1 Like

We’re through the looking glass here people.

1 Like

When your tin foil hat is on so tight you lose all ability to determine whether a comma or conjunction is appropriate.

I didn’t see the game - but noticed some screaming omissions from Babel. Any word on why? Injuries? transfers? Being all round shite?

Injuries mainly, abj, riera, Odoherty & zeigler were out. I think Bacchus was suspended, llorente and Vedran have been dropped in recent weeks

Babbel looked like he had just shot back from some sleepy coastal town with boards on the rack.

I think my favourite part is you can hear how proud of himself he is for the joke about “clear and obvious”.

VAR has been and remains a fiasco. And like the flu, everyone cops a dose. Eventually.

In fairness they have been on the wrong end of some pretty bad calls lately. Fuck fairness though :grin:

I dont know which I find more hilarious:

• The idea that that A-League is the only league struggling with VAR and bad officiating
  • The whole conspiracy that FFA has purposely made Wanderers shit
  • The conspiracy that we were never actually any good it was just FFA making us win

Last night was the first time they’ve been properly fucked over imo.

Even then, NOT ONE of their defenders including Captain Hamill who was looking across the line, put their hand up and claimed the offside. You shouldn’t have to and yeah you’re not supposed to badger the ref into a referral, but if there was any doubt and they raised any sort of protest then surely it would have been reviewed?

The mistake only came out after Fox showed the replay, until then literally everyone in the ground had missed it. Offside definitely, but it’s not the worst call in history like they’re making out when no one realised it until 5 minutes later on the jumbotron.

Look on the brightside, the result gives NORTH westies the chance to claim 9th place if Roar roll Mulveys Men!

1 Like

If WSW go to 9th, it would prove that the FFA hate them and that they are treated unfairly. Their active support will have to demonstrate that they are the best despite the bias so need to go on a boycott.

1 Like

Given that no one turns up to their games anyway, they’d probably claim it was the most successful boycott ever.

Your points RE. Conspiracy theories around VAR are spot on, as are comments regarding match officiating in general.

VAR has created more problems than it has solved. The only time it has even remotely looked ‘useful’ was during the World Cup where vast resources and the game most experienced and highly lauded officials were in play.

And yes guess what, even then there were issues of varying degrees of seriousness and controversy.

Whenever I hear comments about the level of refereeing in A League matches, however justifiable, I just switch on the Asian Cup and things suddenly look a lot different.

The part that is often conveniently forgotten about is that the VAR don’t see the same footage as Fox Sports, and they’d be using their own technology to draw the line to determine the offside position. Who knows, maybe from the angle they had, they couldn’t conclusively tell that it was offside. This is always going to be an issue with the way that it’s set up at the moment.

1 Like

That and the fact that the VAR is run by lizard people from the planet Koozbane.

That is an enormous shortcoming of VAR and it absolutely has to be changed. Though my preference remains to ditch it altogether.

1 Like