A-League Round 23 Discussion

Perth had their chances in the first half to get in front and the game would have been totally different if they scored first. But the other lot get the first goal, and in a big game, you’re just going to see constant fouling and time-wasting that they routinely get away with, and that’s exactly what happened. The referees really need to be more diligent on time-wasting earlier in games, and not just the last five minutes. Adding time on at the end doesn’t make any difference. The flow of the game is still being killed with constant delays and stoppages by cynical fouls and slow set-piece taking.

We absolutely must give maximum priority to scoring first next week, or the exact same thing will happen to us.

This is the most positive football CCM have played in literally years.

Am I also right in saying that I hear some CCM fans singing? Do they have a new fan group?

That winner from Isaias was excellent.

And the only surprise out of today’s action is that Jem Karacan didn’t earn a red card sooner in his A-League career. I’ve yet to see a lot of quality from him but seems really combative and not afraid to give the ref a spray as well. Somehow I don’t think Mariners will retain him, unless he’s already signed on for next year.