A-League Round 3 Discussion

One of those bad rounds for game day attendance.
Not only were the crowds low in general, but the fact that those that did attend got to watch their home teams getting thumped doesn’t bode well for crowds in Welly, Gosford and at City in particular.

Both put in woeful performances and made their opponents look better than they perhaps are. I think they will both improve though as the season progresses, but it will be a matter of whether they can bounce back quick enough.

Rudan has one of the most difficult jobs in the league with Wellington. From what I’ve heard, he struggled to sign some local talent because just to make up the numbers as they weren’t really interested in playing in the A-League. Couple that with a management team that has proved to be difficult and it’s easy to see why he’ll struggle. Still, I’ve got faith in him and think he’ll manage to deflect the wooden spoon.

Mulvey also has a hard job on his hands. He’s entered a club that has a losing mentality and it will take some time to change that. He’s done some decent recruiting though, and I like that he appointed the Wizard as captain. I think they’ll upset some teams this season, but I’m not convinced that they’ll do much better than last season, partly because their improvement won’t match the improvement of the teams across the league overall.