A-League Round ? - Snack sized edition

Thank you @Ancient_Mariner for taking the time to respond so comprehensively. I’ve got some follow up comments but will leave them, probably for tomorrow.
Hopefully the momentum from the other night can carry you guys to the 3pts against Brisbane. Who knows what Newcastle will turn up after that so 9pts out of 9 is a real possibility.

Hey Ancient, great write up. One thing, do you have any idea how they pulled off the O’Neill loan signing ? Was it a bit of a send a few emails and hope or his agent was seeking it out?

That was going to be one of my follow up questions but tied into asking about Mike Phelan’s, who was a very good appointment on paper, influence in signings. Only O’Neill would be one you think he would go after. Ross McCormack doesn’t really fit the profile of a player you think he would go after and the other sigings all scream CCM pre Phelan days.

As to who was responsible for each signing I would be only guessing. I seem to remember that Phelan’s “connections” were responsible for snagging McCormack but I could be wrong.
There are always rumours floating around but looking at who was responsible for the original introductions, and in the entire mysterious world of agents it is impossible to lay blame.
I remember that there were always rumours in the past that some of Arnie’s better signings were really set up by Lawrie.

1 Like