Account requires activation error message

Have you tried turning it on and off again?

Jokes aside, I’ve gotten the same problem both through a computer and my phone.

Yeah, this still comes up.

OK, I think its fixed now, let me know if it still happens.

Yes! I cleared all my data and browsing history through Chrome also. Seems to be working fine now.

Had the same issue, thanks for fixing.

I’ve seen it before when clearing browser history (err-hem) on the iPhone and having to log back in, usually can get back in after an hour or two. This time couldn’t log back in since late Sat / early Sun (phone died and restarted sometime between A-Liga GF and UCL Final).

I had what Nath had. Figured the site was down. Just opened fine again though.

Yep had the same thing also with the above message “error establishing a database connection” from about Saturday. Thought it was across the board until I saw others posting on Monday. Found this email address in my contacts - admin (at) sfcu.com.au - and sent a couple of messages as every link I clicked via SFCU I got the same message above. Also tried multiple devices and clearing browser history to no avail. But seems to be all good now.

Thanks for sorting.
Four days of unread posts here I come!

I hope you have some good railroad related puns ready.

3 Likes

Apologies to everyone affected, I’m balls deep in a difficult Service assessment for Air France-KLM and 12-14 hour days are my jam at the moment.

I’ll try to make sure its fixed more promptly in future.

No apology necessary mate. I only posted so you’d be aware of what had happened. I appreciate all you and others do to keep this joint operational. We’ve all got actual work to do and that comes first (most of the time :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:)

4 Likes

wait what???

1 Like

FYI had this issue again for the last 24 hours, cleared browser history then kept getting this trying to log back in:

1 Like

Database was down

1 Like

I cannot log in on my computer.
I keep getting an error 520 message.
I’ve cleared cookies and all that stuff.

yeah, there’s an ongoing issue that we’re working on, one of the upgrades trashed the login systems on the main site, should be ready in a day or so.

1 Like

I’ve just been able to login for the first time in over a week. Kept getting the error 520 message till just now. Had cleared browser history, tried on different wifi and 4G and different devices. All with the error 520. Just wanted to let you all know who’ve been working on the things.

Yeah same for me. My active login on the laptop was working fine still but any time I tried to log in elsewhere was erroring until this arvo. Thanks!

Same same. Last 3 times in a row I’ve logged out have been unable to get back in, but this was def the longest outage yet.

We had a serious issue with the main site where a plugin auto-upgrade was implemented that forced a PHP upgrade that fucked the whole main site. Alex tried everything but eventually had to reload a week old backup, and is currently building a new version of the site that we’ll migrate to. Fortunately the forum runs on a separate server so it continued working for people already logged in.

Yeah I’ve had various issues on the main site over the years, but running through the forum.sfcu.com.au link has always been rock solid. Maybe worth bookmarking as a backup for those who experience issues.