ACL MD2 - Sydney FC vs Hoang Anh Gia Lai - 19/04/22

It’s a reminder of how the game used to be officiated, so an interesting exercise nonetheless.

1 Like

Good contact there, sheesh.

Talbot loves a long ball doesn’t he

Le Fondre needs to chill out, I think the more he complains the less likely he’s going to get an obvious pen.

That did look like a push in the back on ALF

The ref doesn’t want to call a penalty but you cannot go pushing people in the box sets a bad precedent

I know next to nothing about Hoang Anh Gia Lai FC but after a whopping twelve minutes I already hate them. That must be a record.

1 Like

Will they reach the mythical Shanghai levels.

Given the tumble one of their players just had on it, I’d be shocked if someone doesn’t end up injured.

Shanghai beat that comfortably for me.

2 Likes

They’re a bit cheaty

I really need to pay closer attention… so only the top side from each group goes through?

Unless we get one or two in this first half - its going to be a very frustrating night

1 Like

This ref and close assistant are fucking useless. That one on Talbot was pretty blatant.

1 Like

Top six second-placed teams go through to the next round. Limping through to second on 6 or 7 points is NOT going to get the job done for us.

1 Like

Ah right, thanks mate.

edit: bluesky with the better info there.

This team is terrible!

If feels like we are playing npl2

1 Like

That’d be Phil “the Akubra” Hope. He is indeed a fucking legend.

5 Likes

In the group stage, each group is being played in a double round-robin format in centralised venues. The winners of each group and three best runners-up from each region will advance to the round of 16 of the knockout stage.

This is from Wiki - not sure if accurate?