ACL MD5 - SIPG vs Sydney FC - 1/12/20

Cracker. No thanks to Kosta getting in the way of a King tap in though.

Brattan is out Mooy-ing Mooy. He’s been absolutely immense this half with everything.

OMG

Big fan of Retre but Brattan/Hof is looking so robust as a central duo

Theyve pressed us very high alot and we’ve (so far) managed to play around it with relative ease

Nathan has been great so far.

Double took at that too but:

Well, shit.

If Bratten can perform like this then it won’t really matter who’s next to him.

Buhagiar could’ve had a brace as well. I really hope he finds some goal scoring instinct soon.

Buhagier’s been getting into great positions but his touch has let him down a bit.

Imagine what Swibel or Wood are thinking seeing Buhagiar fluff these repeatedly.

Really do hope to get more of Ivanovic

Hopefully they’re paying attention to how Trent gets into those positions for starters.

When you have Ninko and Bratten finding you anywhere you run, it’s not very hard.

Strikers need to finish, not get into positions to miss sitters.

2 Likes

2.5 games in and I’m already out of superlatives for Nieuwenhof. Brilliant again, with no Hulk he’s just taken to embarrassing Oscar and Mooy instead.

We’ve been a little sloppy in patches and maybe looked sharper in the last two games, but fucking hell we’ve carved them at times too. No disrespect to Paulo but Brattan is an upgrade and as some here suspected there’s great balance with him and CN in the middle. Caceres has also worked his arse off and added at least as much going forward as ABJ, makes a huge difference having just the one passenger. And we usually notice a much bigger gulf at LB when Zullo (best LB in the country and all) is out, but King has been excellent tonight too.

THB still shitting his pants, hopefully those in front leave him with as little to do as possible.

1 Like

Yeah, very easy to say that from the couch but there have been a million young strikers who never anticipate or make the right runs to even get those chances and nek minnit they’re back at NPL level.

He’s been infinitely better than the bloke next to him yet again, just needs to take one of these chances and regain his confidence.

1 Like

Footballs a funny game. After the first game of this there was a lot of he’s ALF 2.0

I’m not sure why Shanghai keep playing that high line but I hope they keep doing it.

Lol at the first buhagiar goal, but that second is the chance he has to finish with how he plays

1 Like

Well, strikers are judged on goals, not runs made, whether that’s from my couch or the dugout.

I’d rather he improves his conversion rate like he’s doing in the second half than just run straight with his pace all the time.

He’s missed far more than he’s scored with his chances (including last season) so if he sorts that out he’ll be fine.

Forza Nathan Bracken