ACL MD6 - Sydney FC vs Yokohama - 4/12/20

It’s not like we had a warning they might do that.

Sorry, I just found a stream.

Getting completely outplayed

That’s more like it

Buhagiar :muscle:

Lovely stuff

there goes ‘no chance of golden boot’ Buhagiar doing the unthinkable for the 5th time this campaign

1 Like

If he keeps this up he’ll be in some shitty 2nd tier Euro league that can pay him 4 times as much by the end of the season.

He really does have me sold about being that player. Sure he was wasteful last week despite two but the class is there.

he is quality…no doubt about it. not sure why some here can’t see it. the runs he makes are ABJs and Ninko’s wet dreams, the amount of times he gets in behind is incredible.

His Speed just gets him into spaces, hope he continues goal scoring in the A-League

I’ll go on record as not being completely sold on him as a season long starting option. I’m not sure he has the technique to be a sustainable option for a whole season. That said, he has massively improved his technique since joining us, but I still think he has a ways to go.

Also I obviously hope I’m wrong, I’d love for him to come through as a great striker. God knows the national team could do with one.

i have a lot of faith in him, he was doing fantastically well before his ACL.

last season when he was getting 20-30 mins at the back end of the season he scored and assisted a few from memory, looked very good and always a threat.

now he is getting solid runs and has scored 5 in 6 against opponents that are a cut above A-League level.

yes he will miss a one on one here and there, but he will work on his finishing. natural ability is there.

2 Likes

The Hof is so good

Hof has been taking foul winning lessons from ninko

Bosnich is painful to listen to

My main worry with that is he becomes an Henrique: superb off the bench but struggles when starting. He hasn’t shown it in this tournament, which is great to see, but running for 10+ straight games from the start might be telling on someone as reliant on pace as he is.

Time will tell though.

2 Likes

I also have a bit of sympathy for him having to put up with Speed. If I was in Bozza’s position, I’d be dead from smacking my head against the desk one too many times.

2 Likes

Thoughts on Tom Hewitt-belle? made a couple of good saves , but poor defending not helping him

I’m dubbing the Buhagiar counterattacking goal the Buhagiar Blitz. Maybe the Blitzhagiar

2 Likes