ACL Playoff - Sydney FC vs Kaya FC - 8/03/22

Great ball from Wood!! More Wood!!

3 Likes

Yazbek has to be starting over Retre soon. Night and day.

3 Likes

Last year it would have been Callum - shame about his injuries

3 Likes

That’s some weather

3 Likes

The entire grand stand is getting rain under it. This is fucked.

1 Like

Gotta hope everyone gets home safe from this one, credit to all who braved the conditions.

7 Likes

This should turn into a full on brawl like when the Boomers played over there a few years ago

1 Like

Assumed that it would be case when you could see it falling sideways on TV.

1 Like

All things considered, couldn’t ask for much more.

Clean sheet, fairly untroubled- goals for Alfie, Bobo and Trent to hopefully get some confidence in our forward line, more minutes for Amini, Yazbek staking his claim for a starting spot on the weekend

Take care to all those travelling home

4 Likes

Righto. Anyone got links to the Kaya FC forum so we can go and gloat?

4 Likes

MOTM voting!

2 Likes

Sure we won 5-0 but what was the xG?

1 Like

No xG on Fotmob. I have no idea how to analyse this game now.

1 Like

The score line makes the result look a lot more emphatic than it really is. Fact is we’re facing a team who hasn’t played in forever, of NPL quality at best, coached by a Brisbane based Australian.

We struggled in the first half, not that Kaya really ever put us under much pressure and showed how much the team is struggling for confidence, composure and consistency.

The second half we looked better when the youth lads came in, wanting to impress, and it was overall match fitness that allowed us to go through and put 5 on the board. They were shot by the 69th minute, but we still didn’t look like stepping on the throat and going for the jugular,

I’ll take the win, as emphatic as it was, it I would hardly call it convincing. Sure, conditions didn’t help but we certainly looked as sluggish and unconvincing as we have done in the last month. I’m worried we’re gonna get proper flogged in the group stage, but hopefully the win peps up the lads a bit, inspires a bit of confidence, and we can go to Perth and try to get our season back on track with a win.

Decent fun at the ground tonight.

2 Likes

Props to all who went; I decided that driving through lots of tunnels was probably not a good idea given the flooding around.

To me, a lot of the game largely revolved around how willing Kaya were to tighten up at various stages. They were really compact in the first half and we struggled to get through them much after the opening few minutes. After we scored, they came out and tried to play, leaving lots of gaps that we were, happily, good enough to exploit. I hope it restores some confidence to the squad. Goodness knows they need it.

Like the rest of us, I like the look of Yazbek, but it also feels like he understands what his role is in the team and what his best abilities are. I don’t get that feeling from Retre. He seems to do a bit of defending, a bit of sideways passing and tries to attack, but he never seems to concentrate enough on any one of those areas.

2nd pair ftw. Might not have had any bearing on the result, but convinced they parted the rain just long enough to make the dash from grandstand to station. It stopped at the full time whistle, started up again the second I tapped on and was undercover at the station. Amazing.

5 Likes

Is it a behind closed doors hub?

Cove: “:loudspeaker::musical_note: …hybrid’s undies are sky blue… :musical_note:

Crowd: “:musical_note: …hybrid’s undies are sky blue… :musical_note:

2 Likes