Alexander Baumjohann Thread

I can concur with your point about Castro, speaking to a person who has always lived in Gijon and supported the team, he told me that Castro was one of their quality players long term.

Alex Baumjohann returns to the club as Head of Player Management.

6 Likes

He was very interesting in the last sky Blue stories interview. I think he will do a good job

1 Like

Is this a re-badged role that St. Terry did so this years ago? Basically player welfare?

It’s what it sounds like, TMac played a big role in getting the players in the right mindset to monster the whole league.

1 Like

Sounds like he’s a club-appointed selling agent?

Sounds like they’re doing something about yoof heading to our rivals, no bad thing.

4 Likes

“After an extensive search”

Surely it’s better to frame it like a returning player coming back to the family… skip the search bullshit

3 Likes

Very happy to see Alex Bum-man back with us in a non-playing role. I think he will be good.

Neve thought I’d have Alex Baum returning to work at the club and Milos.N fading into obscurity on my bingo card. Yet here we are.

2 Likes

Solid wind up merchant

1 Like

Pretty ironic when persisting with an average ABJ is what cost us Tilio.

I always loved his attitude, seems like a top lad. Hopefully he does well. I know he has done his coaching badges so he might be able to help out in that department also

1 Like

I’ve wondered for a while if we’d see him back at the club given he’s never left Sydney. Seems to love it here.

Good fit for him, will balance out player agent opinions quite well.

Definitely a step in the right direction. It feels like, the moment TMac left, we lost that family feeling in the team.

3 Likes

Theyre actually all Sports Management related not Coaching Badges. He has a keen business mind and wants to act as a bridge between the football dept and back office. Think he’ll do really well, if allowed!

2 Likes

So Sydney want to act as de-facto agents for their own players ? Errrr that’s interesting…