ALM - Round 4 Discussion - 2023-24

LOL

Square up!

This is great.

Outside the box though surely…

That has to stand at original decision.

Unless you’re the Wellington Phoenix. FMD do the Kiwis get absolutely dicked over in this league.

Onside and in the box

Terrible call

1 Like

That looked onside?

1 Like

Fucking bin it.

1 Like

I hope this era of football is remembered as some disgusting dark age of streaming services and VAR ruining the game.

4 Likes

Was going to say earlier I’m not sure how Shaun Evans still has a job as a A-League ref, but that shit call wasn’t his fault

He thought it was a penalty though

Yeah fair enough. Easy for me to miss something in the middle of a rant.

We can’t score a goal in 3 games of huffing and puffing yet Welly only need 0.00 xG to score against what seems to be the best team in the comp…

1 Like

I fucking hate VAR so much. Basically brought in to assuage the shrieking demands of people who I can only conclude just never liked football.

5 Likes

Grace Gill (?) nailed it on the head. It was not clear and obvious to overturn it.

I don’t even believe the line. It didn’t look offside before and that freeze frame doesn’t change my mind.

2 Likes

There’s no way that’s a penalty and the Arzani shove wasn’t.

Oh wait is it arm? I haven’t got commentary.

Nobody knows

I have sound off too.

If ref thought that was handball, VAR is vindicated. No way that’s a handball.

I’m sure this will somehow not be overturned.

Well thank fuck it was. That would’ve really done it for me. Even the MV fans didn’t whinge about that.

What the fuck did Evans see to award that?

Guess that’s why we need it after all, lol.

Keep it for clear and obvious errors. If you need to get the Webb Space Telescope out to find an offside, its not clear and obvious.